24- 2 days and counting

BUFFY'S POV

The sun shone through the window as I slowly woke up, I decided to let Spike sleep as he couldn't sleep much last night. I quietly crept down the stairs and started making myself breakfast. No wonder I was hungry I didn't have dinner last night, oops. I ventured into the lounge room and noticed the book Spike left out last night. It was open to the last page, except the real last page had been ripped out. Is this why Spike asked who borrowed it? Or did Spike rip it out? I'm fairly sure he wouldn't. I crept back upstairs and Spike was still asleep. I went online and decided that maybe I could catch up on my college work, I had missed a lot but they always posted everything online. Sure enough there was all the homework I had to complete in order to catch up, but even if I did catch up would they let me continue after all the work I've missed? If only they knew that I was the slayer. But of course I could not tell them, I couldn't even tell them an Apocalypse is coming, all these things would lead to more questions. I don't know if I want to drop out of College, I don't think Spike wants me to and it's clear the gang doesn't, but it's hard living a double life.

About an hour later I had finished two major assignments and was pretty proud with myself. Spike tumbled sleepily down the stairs,

'Spike' I called out

'Ugh' he moaned

I got up and greeted him 'how did you sleep?' I asked

'Okay' he replied

'Hungry?' I questioned going into the kitchen before him and grabbing a bag of pigs blood from the fridge 'hot or cold?' I asked holding the bag in the air

'Don't' he told me grabbing the bag from me and opening the cupboard to find a cup

'What?' I replied

'I don't like you doing that, ugh, like, I don't know with the blood and all. It's embarrasing' he snapped

'I was just trying to help because you're tired' I said

'I know sweetie, I'm sorry' he smiled

I contemplated whether or not I should ask him about the book, I didn't want to come off as if I was accusing him or something. But the only way to find out is to ask him.

'Spike what were you saying last night about the book?' I asked

'I asked you who borrowed it' he replied

'Oh yeah and I said I didn't know'

'Yeah' he agreed

'I'm pretty sure no one borrowed that book though, Giles gave that book to me years ago when we first heard of the Ring of Amara'

'Well someone ripped out the last page and whatever was on it was really important and now I'll never know'

That clears things up Spike didn't rip the page out, but who did? I stared off into the distance, I really had no clue about who would want to steal that page or why.

'Who did you say Willow got it from?' He asked

'She didn't say' I replied

'Hey maybe Giles has another at the Magic Box we'll go later and check it out' I suggested

'Okay' Spike smiled.