30- Wake Up Please

BUFFY'S POV

The hospital beeped its usual sounds, there was no point in being here.

'Um Miss Summers?' a nurse quietly called out.

'Yes?' I rushed up tears still streaming down my face even though I asked them to stop.

'I can't find, um did you say William?'

'Yes. His name is William.'

'I can't find any medical records and-'

'That doesn't matter can you help him' I snapped

'Well his arms and his face are healing, nearly all by themselves. But um. Well. He's dead.' She mumbled

'Okay. Can I see him?' I asked

'Ma'am you brought him in dead'

'No, no. He is much alive'

'Miss I'm sorry but he's not'

'Can I see him or not!?'

'Of course. He did talk occasionally, we're not sure if he was still alive while he was talking though'

'Okay' I smiled and pushed past her to his room.

He looked so peaceful, lying there, his skin pink, nearly all healed. I sat next to him and held his hand.

'Love, wake up please' I whispered into his ear 'they are getting suspicious, they think your dead'

'I am.'

'Spike!' I shrieked

'Sh' he whispered

'Baby we have to get you out of here'

'Okay'

'I'll be right back' I squeezed his hand lightly.

I ran back out to the waiting room.

'Guys I need a diversion, I have to get him out of here, they think he's dead' I panicked

'Okay! On it!' Willow smiled standing and rushing to the middle of the room. 'oh god' she yelled carefully falling to the ground, she closed her eyes and on cue Xander jumped up. 'oh god help, help' he screamed 'she's not breathing, she's not breathing.'
Nurses and even a couple of doctors rushed out straight away kneeling down to help her. It wasn't going to be enough, just as they started to help Willow, Anya pretended to faint too and Tara rushed to her side.

I grabbed Giles and we headed for Spike's room.

'Come on help me' I told Giles

'Lucky it's dark outside' he replied

'Yes, yes' I answered not concentrating on what he was saying. I carefully unhooked the tubes attached to him and the cords and wrapped his arm around me and the other around Giles.

'Come on I know the back way' I told them guiding them down all the corridors. We got Spike in the car, and I ran back signalling the others to stop acting, Anya awkwardly got up telling them she was fine and Willow got up and ran.

We arrived home, he had fallen asleep again for the second time in the car. I helped him to our room and let him sleep some more.