41- Action

BUFFY'S POV

Night fell, Spike and I left our house and snuck out to where Angelus has been hiding out. We weren't sure if he was home, but I held the door knob and pushed it open anyway. It was empty, but you could see some stuff had recently been disturbed. It was exactly like he had it years ago when I was here, the bed in the corner, the fridge across from it, the windows blacked out, nothing had changed. Which didn't make sense because he moved houses but still lived in Sunnydale.
I carefully shut the door and Spike and I started snooping. Nothing out of the ordinary could be found, blood bags here and there, a couple of maps spread out on the concrete walls. Then I saw it, a huge book. Not just any huge book, old yellow pages, brown cover: it was a magic book.
I gasped grabbing it and pulling it out from under the bed. I had seen this one before, I flipped the hard cover open and there printed perfectly, in a royal blue pen was the name: Willow Rosenberg.

'Spike' I hissed at him from the floor

'What?!' He whispered back slightly annoyed

I lifted the book up showing the name, his jaw dropped open.

'What does it mean?' He asked quietly

'I don't know, let's go'

We quickly ran out the house and carefully shut the door, hoping it didn't look too much like a break in, when suddenly Spike grabbed me and threw us behind a corner covering my mouth with his hand. I held the book close to my chest with both arms, I looked up into Spike's eyes and all he did was put his finger to his lips, then to his ears. I listened closely I could here Angelus talking to someone, moving around outside his door, then a goodbye, he opened his door.

'What's going on?!' He yelled pushing the door open, he slammed it, yelling.

Spike grabbed my arm and dragged me back up the stairs and onto the foot path, I shook his hand off my arm, tucked the book under my arm and grabbed his hand with my free one, we both ran for home.