21- 3 days to go

SPIKE'S POV

I woke up with Buffy awkwardly laying on me. Her head was on my chest but one of her legs was out the bed, one arm was around my neck and the other on my stomach. I felt warm which was unusual, I looked at my hand which has the ring of Amara on my finger. It looked like the real deal and if not a pretty darn good knock off. I grabbed Buffy's leg and pulled her back into the bed, I snuggled up to her, she was boiling hot. I tried to then pull away but she wrapped both arms around me and started kissing my chest.

'Mm good morning' I moaned

'Morning' she giggled climbing onto of me and kissing my lips 'are you ready to try your ring out?' she asked

'No, not really' I replied putting my hands on her waist 'I don't want to'

'Please for me?' She pleaded

'Okay! Okay' I laughed pulling her closer and kissing her. 'Just open the blind like a little bit' I said picking her up and putting her on the ground.

'Okay' she smiled

I pulled on a shirt, I was nervous. But Buffy looked so happy and keen, I didn't know what to do.

'Ready?' She asked near the blind

'I guess' I gulped

'I'm sorry, maybe we could do something else first?' She said

'Yeah, stake me in the heart' I laughed

'Don't joke' she replied with a very serious face

'Sorry love' I apologised

She stared at me wide eyes. Buffy hated when I made jokes about me dying, I couldn't help it.

'Open the blind pet, I'll be okay' I told her

Buffy slowly lifted the blind a little bit and a ray of sunshine shone on the ground. I paced myself as I slowly took a step forward and placed my hand in the sunlight. I excepted the worst, but nothing happened, my pale skin shone in the sunlight. I beamed at Buffy.

'Oh my God' she yelled opening the full blind 'you are pale' she laughed

'You're pale too!' I pointed at her, I ran over and grabbed her around the waist swinging her around, while she giggled and pretended to stop me.

'Oh Buffy, my love, what shall we do today?' I asked

'Whatever you want my darling' she replied kissing my lips.

Buffy and I held hands as we left the house, I locked up and we strolled through the town.

'It looks so different in daylight' I smiled

'Eh' she shrugged

There wasn't much to do in Sunnydale but we seemed to do a lot. We went to the beach, which I didn't extremely like, Buffy had fun but the sand and water thing is not my type.

Around 12pm we made our way back home to find the gang sitting in our lounge room. Giles was talking to them, I hadn't seen Giles since he told me who took Angel's soul, and Buffy hadn't seen him since she yelled her head of at him. I squeezed Buffy's hand as I took the key out the door, normally I held grudges but with the gang I couldn't really.

'Hey guys' I smiled and waved into the lounge but kept walking to the kitchen, mainly because I was starving.

'Hey, I'll be back in a second' I heard Buffy say to them and then joined me in the kitchen. I sat at one of the stools drinking blood straight from the bag.

'Are you going to be okay?' She asked rubbing my hand, I turned away because one I didn't know if I was going to be okay and two I hated her seeing my vampire face. I know she told me it's okay and she could handle it but I can't handle it, I can't handle anything.

I looked her in the eye with my normal face 'yeah' I lied

'I know you're lying' she smiled

'Oh'

'Listen Spike, if you're not okay with it then you can leave and came back when they're gone, it's okay'

'No, Buffy it's not okay. I should be there with you and I will okay. Why? Because you're the love of my life'

She leaned forward and kissed me, and I'm hoping she didn't get the taste of blood in her mouth.

I sat with Buffy on the lounge while the gang talked, I didn't speak. Buffy spoke to Giles when she had to but her words were cold. She held my hand tight, her fingers laced with me. I didn't know if it was so I didn't run away or so I could be close to her. They were talking about the plan for Monday, there was no real easy way to kill a whole group of vampires. But wait.

'We just need the sun' I blurted out

'What sweetie?' Buffy asked

'The sun!' I repeated

'But remember, I told you there will be a lunar eclipse, so the sun won't be out' she smiled sweetly

'Yeah, no, I know. That's why we need the sun'

'Wait' Willow said 'he could be on to something' she got up and looked around 'right you guys have no magic books' she laughed 'I'll be at the magic box'

'Anyway Buffy I gotta go, construction calls' Xander stood up and kissed Buffy's cheek as a goodbye. I waved as he left and soon it was just Buffy, me and Giles. Without a word I jumped up and ran upstairs, why was I acting like this? I should just let it go. But I couldn't? But I wanted too. I stood at the top of the stairs so I could hear if they spoke.

'Well I better be off' Giles said

'Okay bye' Buffy replied

'Buffy, I'm sorry, please also tell Spike that'

'Okay'

'Buffy'

'No' she snapped 'it's just, you don't understand, I don't know, I love him so much and I can't believe you would say that without a care in the world and now you're acting like its no big deal!' She cried

'I'm sorry' Giles replied and then the door slammed and all I could hear was the sound of Buffy wailing and crying.