10- Oh No!

SPIKE'S POV

I sat at the dinner table next to Buffy not eating with the rest of the gang. Giles was at the head of the table and Xander and Willow sat across from us. Their partners had not joined us for this meal. I sat and watched the way they acted, they all seemed really intrigued by what Giles was saying, but I had tuned out and it was too late to start listening now. I watched Buffy listen to Giles and noticed every tiny detail she did. The way the corners of her mouth curl the smallest bit to form a cute smile, the way she blinks slowly but not too slow like she's bored, the way her fingers dance on the table and she doesn't even know. To me Buffy was the definition of perfection, I don't care what the dictionary says about it. I realised the gang was slowly packing away the dinner table so I jumped up and cleared some plates to look useful.

'We'll clean up Buffy' Xander offered pulling Willow back to the sink.

'Oh yeah!' Willow smiled realising Xander was talking about her

'Thanks guys' she smiled, Buffy slipped her hand into mine and pulled me into the lounge room.

'You okay?' she asked me

'Yeah of course' I replied a tad confused

'Okay, just making sure' she said kissing me on the lips, I ran my fingers through her hair and pulled her closer to me. She ran her hands under my shirt, feeling my stomach and running her hands over my back.

'Hm' Giles coughed at the door way

'Ah' Buffy jumped smiling at Giles 'Sorry Giles'

'No, I understand' Giles said

I felt heat rush to my face, it's been a while since I have felt embarrassed. I followed Buffy to the lounge and sat next to her, but not too close because I felt like Giles was all of a sudden watching our every move. Xander and Willow joined us in the lounge room and the discussion about the Red Demon begun.

'Has it come back?' Giles asked

'No, I would tell you Giles' Buffy replied

'Wasn't it meant to happen this week?' Xander asked

'He said a week or more' Buffy informed

'It's been two weeks' Willow added

'I know' Buffy said

I felt useless in these conversations, I didn't know how I was suppose to act or what to say. Of course I cared about this but I was no help, I was a useless piece of space. I got up and decided to go to the bathroom but Buffy grabbed my arm.

'Where are you going?' she asked

'To the bathroom pet' I smiled

'Geez Buff let the man pee' Xander laughed

'Sorry' Buffy faked laughed trying to shake it off.

I climbed the stairs to the bathroom and locked the door. I didn't have to pee, I just had to leave. I wasn't like the "Scooby gang" but don't get me wrong they are lovely people and Buffy says they are family. But I don't belong with them when they are in the Scooby mode, I wasn't smart, yes I have some demon knowledge but not enough to help. All I was good at was helping Buffy kick the bad guys and lately there has been none of that. I sat on the floor with my back against the wall and shut my eyes, I could hear everything that went through the walls.

'Spike' Buffy knocked

'Yeah?' I replied

'Are you okay?' she asked

'I'm fine love'

'Can I come in?'

'No sorry pet' I frowned, it fell silent and I felt bad but then I heard her say quietly

'Don't, this looks and sounds so familiar' I could hear the crack in her voice just when she's about to cry, I jumped up and unlocked the door. Buffy came bursting through and wrapped her arms around me

'Sorry' I said

'No I'm sorry' she smiled and few tears on her cheeks. 'The gang left okay?'

'Why do you say it like they were the problem?' I asked

'I don't know. Were they?'

'No Buffy' I left the bathroom and headed to the bedroom

'What's wrong?' she asked

'I just feel out of place when they are in Scooby mode okay? I'm no help' I explained

'You help me a lot' she smiled 'with a lot of stuff'

'What kind of stuff?' I smirked

'I don't know slaying'

'Yeah, okay' I replied

'Come to bed?' she asked

'Sure' I smiled trying to find my pyjamas. I rummaged through all the draws but couldn't find my pyjama bottoms anywhere.

'Buffy where are my pants?' I asked

'I don't know sweetie' she replied.

I climbed down the stairs to the laundry and found them in the basket of washed clothes, Buffy always seemed to forget what she washed. I heard talking out the front of the house and silently walked over to the front window, I stood next to the window and peered out, I saw two vampires on the street smoking and talking.

'So next Monday?' the first asked

'Yeah, the boss told me. Sunnydale will be up in flames' the second replied

'Well I hope not actual flames, that could be bad for us' the first replied, the two vampires burst out laughing.

'Did you hear? They turned Angel back into Angelus!' the second exclaimed excitedly

'Crap! Seriously? That's so cool, I can't wait' the first replied, he looked at the house and I thought for a minute that he saw me, but he turned back to the other vampire and said 'isn't this the slayers house?' And the other replied 'crap, lets go'

I climbed the stairs and rushed back into the bedroom, Buffy was already in bed but I rushed over anyway and shook her.

'Baby wake up' I yelled

'Oh my gosh what?!' she screamed slapping my hands away. I stared at her wide eyed

'What's wrong sweetie?' she panicked

'I'm sorry' I mumbled

'For what darling?' she asked putting her hands to my face

'Angelus is back' I whispered, she stared at me with no expression or emotion

'Oh' she said

'I heard two vampires out the front of the house talking, it's happening next Monday. So we have a week to prepare' I replied

She still hadn't moved, her hands still on my cold face. I took her hands and placed them on the bed.

'Pet I'm sorry' I tried looking into her eyes but it was too hard, they looked like glass. I pulled my pyjama bottoms on and got under the covers, Buffy finally sunk down back into bed and I cuddled her unsure on how to react to her reaction.