31- Buffy, Buffy, Buffy

BUFFY'S POV

'How is he doing?' Willow asked as we sat downstairs. Spike was in our room sleeping, he's been sleeping for a couple of hours now.

'Fine' I replied not looking up.

'I don't understand what happened?' Xander asked

'The ring stopped working' Giles replied

'But why?'

'I don't know'

'I should have checked on him!' I yelled 'he was right next to me and then gone the next minute and I didn't even realise' I cried letting the tears fall down my cheeks, following the path of the old tears down my face, down my neck and onto my top.

'Buffy it's not your fault' Tara chimed 'nobody knew.'

Willow stared ahead at Tara's words.

'You guys can go, it's been a hard day' I told them.

They each hugged me on the way out, telling me it's okay. That it's okay that I took my eyes off the love of my life for one second and bad things happened? Okay.

I ran upstairs to check on him, he hadn't moved. Panic ran through me, thinking that he's dead. Would he turn to dust? I ran to his side anyway, slipped me hand into his and squeezed. He squeezed back.
I gave a small smile. Thank god.

A while later I found my self asleep, half on the floor, half on the bed. Our hands still tied together by fingers, he was still asleep, but he's arms were practically healed. I longed for him to wake up so I could be with him.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

'Crap' Buffy whispered checking it didn't wake Spike up. She carefully pulled her hand out of his and tip toed downstairs. She opened the door and Tara hurried in.

'Sorry' she bursted out

'Why? What's wrong?' I asked

'I should of called, I just didn't want Willow to know' she panicked

'It's fine, and to know what?' I asked

She handed me a piece of paper crumbled and ripped on one side.

'I'm so sorry' she cried 'I found it in the bottom of one of Willow's draws when I was doing laundry'

I looked down at the piece of paper, it was the missing last page.

'Oh my god' I whispered

'I don't think she knows, like that she did it. She's confused. Forgetting stuff and plans we make, I don't know Buffy'

'It's fine' I replied 'thanks Tara'

'I should go' she said worriedly

'Okay bye' I said

She left and I silently closed the door.

'Buffy'

'Spike?' I yelled running up the stairs

He rolled over, his eyes slightly open.

'Buffy' he whispered

'Yeah sweetie it's okay' I replied

'What's that?' He asked, his gaze falling to the paper in my hand.

'It's the last page' I frowned 'Willow ripped it out, but she didn't know, I don't think'

'What does it say?'

I looked down, I haven't read it myself, too scared for the answer.

'It says, once The Ring of Amara has been destroyed it can't be fixed, it will never work again'

'That doesn't make sense, it did' he moaned

'Shh, I know, I mean I don't know' I replied 'it doesn't make any sense.'