12- Regrets

SPIKE'S POV

I wasn't sure if I was too harsh on Buffy. I didn't mean to sound like a jealous boyfriend, but, I was. I hope she doesn't know that, but I'm protective of her. I would hate myself if I lost her too Angel, and I don't know whether him being Angelus again makes me happy or mad? Happy that he can't have Buffy because she hates Angelus but kind of mad, I'm not sure why? Maybe because even I know Angelus is dangerous, how could Angel loose the fight of loosing his soul again?

All I knew was that we had only six days to prepare for the attack of the vampires and of all the other unspeakable demons. Buffy seemed to be acting like her normal self but it seemed like an act.

The sun fell around 6pm and Buffy and I headed over to the Magic Box, we had hardly helped out there in a long time, plus a meeting was in order about next Monday.

I closed the front door behind me and clicked the key over locking it. Buffy stood at the mailbox waiting, I walked up to her and she turned and began walking.

'Ay' I said catching up and grabbing her hand.

'Don't be mad at me' I frowned

'Not mad' she replied

'You seem it Buff, I'm not stupid. I'm sorry I told the gang, I'm sorry I seem jealous or whatever. I just don't want to lose you'

'Spike, love, it's okay. I don't want to lose you either' she stopped and pulled my hand back so I was in front of her.

'I love you' she smiled reaching up to my lips and kissing me, I put my hands around her waist to hold her steady as she couldn't reach perfectly. She pulled away and took a big gulp of air
'More' she whispered kissing me hard again on my lips 'and more' she whispered into my ear 'each day' she panted pulling away breathless. I groaned wishing for the sensation of being breathlessly in love, but I exhaled just for her.
'Slayer I could never stop loving you' I smiled and placed my hands on the side of her face, I pulled her in and kissed her forehead. She took my hand and we continued on our way to the Magic Box.

The gang sat around the round table on the other side of the room, waiting for us.

'You're late' Giles said politely without looking up from his books

'Sorry' Buffy chimed not caring at all

Buffy pulled me along and we took our spots at the Scooby table. It was a proper Scooby meeting because everyone was here. Xander and Anya, Tara and Willow, Giles, Buffy and myself. I can't believe I just said I was apart of the Scooby gang, a long time ago I would have never of thought that or think that I wanted that. I would have crashed through the door and sucked all their blood out before the they even had a chance to flinch. Those thoughts made me shudder that I once wanted to kill Buffy, the love of my life. I look to the right and she's giving her cute little smile to Giles to show that she is interested, but I know her better and I know she is bored out of her brains.

'So Spike do you know what exactly is coming? From the conversation you over heard yesterday' Giles asked politely

'All I really know is Vampires, sorry' I mumbled

'No that's fine!' Giles replied

The hours ticked by and the discussion about how we could prevent it continued.

'What if we put up like a shield around Sunnydale?' Willow offered

'Oh, that could work if we found the right spell' Tara chimed in, rising to raid the book shelf.

'How about we get garlic gas and just fill the air with it!' Xander exclaimed

'Oh my gosh what a great idea Xander!' Anya cheered

'That wouldn't be wise' I said raising my eyebrow

'Crap, sorry Spike' Xander mumbled

'Aha no problem'

'Well I think Willow has a good idea' Buffy smiled 'but can we please go it's 9pm' she whined.
I gave a small smile feeling sorry for her, I know her sleeps haven't been the best.

'Sure Buffy. Could you do a quick patrol though?' Giles asked

'Sure!' Buffy jumped up grabbing my arm

'Ah bye guys' I laughed catching Buffy's hand.

Buffy walked fast dragging me along behind her.

'Lets just get this over with!' She moaned

'Do you even have a stake love?' I asked

'Do you think I walk around Sunnydale everyday without one?' She asked back

'Well I do' I gulped

'But you're a strong vampire' she smiled

'And you're a strong slayer' I smirked

'Yet we both fit together' she laughed and turned to look at me 'I love you don't forget that'

'I would never forget you Buffy not even when I'm a thousand years old'

'That's funny because you could actually live that long' she laughed

'That's why I can make that promise' I replied

We got to the grave yard and did a few laps of it but there were no sighs of any vampires. I thought to myself that they all must be hiding out somewhere preparing for next Monday. This seems stupid, it's always an attack on Sunnydale, like so what we live on a hell mouth. Buffy walks around some grave stones a few more times, and starts wondering off. I follow her watching her every move and she gracefully moves through the grave stones.

'Isn't this your old crypt?' She asks touching the stone of the building

'Yeah, made some nice memory's in there' I laugh grabbing her waist, she giggles and tries to stop me.

'Pet lets go home' I offer but her eyes are so fixed on my old crypt. 'What's wrong?' I ask

'When I had no one, you were there' she turns and looks me in the eyes 'your place was like my place' her eyes start tearing up and it feels horrible to watch. 'I'm so thankful William.' The pang of someone using my real name always gets me. I pull her in and wrap my arms around her, her arms wrap around my waist and I feel her heart beating so fast. I don't know how to calm her down, I haven't had a functioning heart in a while. I run my hands over her head and quietly whisper 'sh' over and over until her sobs quieten. I scoop her up and make my way out of the grave yard, carrying her all the way home.