48- Book of Powers?

SPIKE'S POV

We followed Willow back to our house and Buffy grabbed the book for her. She started rummaging through Buffy's magic supplies (which technically were Willow's) but kept sighing as she was throwing herbs and crystals out of the way.

'We need to go back to my dorm quick!' She said rushing to get up

'Why? What are you doing?' Buffy asked

'A spell, but you guys don't have what I need' she told us

'Willow you can't do much magic anymore'

'I can do it! Trust me' she sighed.

We ran, well most of us Xander and Giles fast walked behind us, to Willow's dorm room. She flung the door open and pulled all her books off her shelf revealing a safe, she turned the dial and it clicked open. Inside were an abundance of different magical ingredients, most none of us had seen before.

She pulled most of them out and pushed the rest to the side, she slid her arm far back into the safe and pulled out something gold. It was a golden flower in a glass box, it seemed unreal, but the petals, the stem and even the little leaves were gold in colour.

She pulled out pink sand and started pouring it into a circle around her, she then took out a red liquid and slowly let drops fall on the pink sand. Little puffs of smoke came off the drops that landed on the sand, the smoke was a pale green colour and stayed floating just above the sand.

I watched the gang and their jaws fall to the floor, all shocked at what Willow was doing, I too was amazed. Willow had hardly spoken or done magic in so long it was a massive plot twist that she was pulling ingredients from random places to do a spell. We didn't even know what she was doing but she seemed to know and she looked very determined.

She sat down in the middle of the circle and placed the book in front of her, she reached for the flower but Giles had to hand it too her. She slowly took the glass case off and the flower shook it's petals as if it was alive. It stood up straighter and moved its petals in the air. I for one was creeped out. She picked up her other ingredients and mixed them in a bowl she found close by.

In the bowl was many things I had never seen before, the final product was an amazing colour, one I had never even seen before and pretty sure didn't exist.

She dipped the gold flower into the mixture and it seemed to rub itself in it. The gold flower remained gold, it absorbed the mixture into its petals. Willow started muttering words under her breath and the flower seemed to be listening, not even Giles knew what she was saying.

'I've never heard this language before' he told us

When Willow was done, she pulled a petal from the flower, it squealed and shook the rest of the petals until a new petal took its place in the empty spot. She placed the flower back into the glass case and opened the book and flipped to the back, she peeled the backing of the book and stuck the petal inside sealing it back down properly. The book glowed a bright emerald green colour and then returned to its usual colour.