26- Saturday blues

BUFFY'S POV

'Come on' I pleaded to Spike 'lets go patrolling'

'Yeah, love I keep telling you there will be no vampires' he replied

'Well I'll go by myself then' I laughed heading for the door.

"Ugh, fine. I'll come' he moaned.

We stood outside the cemetery

'Oh. You were right' I laughed 'they're not here'

'What did I tell ya love?' He smirked at me.

Saturday continued and we continued to do nothing. There was nothing to do except wait really.

'Buffy' Spike called to me from the lounge

'Yeah' I replied skipping in, I rushed over to him panicking, he was paler than normal.

'Baby what's wrong?!' I yelled

'I don't feel well' he moaned, I felt his head and it was burning hot.

'This doesn't make sense, vampires don't get sick.'

He moaned again,

'Come on darling lets go upstairs' I frowned holding out my hand for him, he took it and we slowly walked upstairs.

He laid in our bed, the covers thrown back as he kept getting too hot. A flannel on his head trying to cool him down. I paced the room panicking, I didn't know what to do.

'I'll be back baby' I told him running downstairs and grabbing the phone. I called Giles and Willow and told them to hurry.

They finally arrived ten minutes later, I was upstairs holding Spike's hand, no matter how hot it was.

'What's wrong?' Giles asked when he reached the room

'I don't know!' I panicked 'he's temperature is boiling and he says he doesn't feel well'

'Vampires don't get sick though?' Willow asked

'No' I mumbled 'they're not meant to!'

'This is fascinating' Giles pondered 'I'll be back' he replied running back downstairs.

'Willow can you do anything?' I asked

'No sorry' she replied motionlessly and left the room.

'That was weird, did you see that Spike?' I asked, I turned to him but he was asleep.