50- Final Battle

SPIKE'S POV

'So what's this big plan you have got Buffy?' I asked as the two of us walked back to our house.

'I don't have one' she replied

'Wait wh-what?' I stuttered 

'I don't have one Spike, I don't know what to do. Do you have any ideas because I will use anything right now!' she panicked 

'No, oh my god I don't know! Why would you say you have a plan if you in fact didn't!'

'What was I meant to tell Willow? Oh sorry I don't have a plan, I can't save Tara! She would die!'

'Alright, alright! We will figure something out now okay? Calm down sweetie'

Buffy smiled weakly at me, I pulled her into a tight hug out the front of our house, she felt so small.

We unlocked the door and Buffy headed for the weapons draw, she began frantically pulling so many different weapons out before grabbing a bag and filling it with about 20 wooden stakes. Each were hand crafted by Buffy herself, she made each one different. Some were fat enough for Buffy to grip onto and some were thin so she could hide one in her boot leg. Patterns covered the stakes but at the head of each one was a fancy B Buffy had carved, no two were alike. 

'Any other weapons?' I forced a laugh, more feeling anxious.

'I'm not sure' she replied pulling out some metal axes 'should I sharpen these?' she asked me with a cute look on her face

'You did last week' I smiled sweetly 

'Okay then' she said pulling two big axes into the bag and 3 slightly smaller ones 'just in case' she told me.

She pulled the bag over her shoulder but I quickly took it off her, telling her I could carry it. She looked up into my eyes and never did she look so beautiful, she leaned up to me and said 'craaaaaap! What are we going to do Spike? We can't just walk to up Angelus and stake him' 

I started blankly at her, my eyebrows raised. She giggled 'I love you Spike' 

I laughed 'I love you too Buffy'

We left the house and headed for the building that Angelus was holding Tara hostage at, and yet there she was half hanging off the building, Angelus laughing down on all the people watching, including Willow. Poor Willow was balling her eyes out yet again.

I looked at Spike and said 'I sort of have a plan okay? It isn't fully thought out but we obviously don't have much time. Follow my lead and please I need you to have my back okay?' 

'Of course I have your back Buffy' I reassured her

Buffy gave Willow the signal.

'I have what you want Angelus!' Willow called out to him, she stood up and waved the book she had been hiding in a bag in the air. Angelus' eyes lit up, proof it was what he wanted.

'Nice job Red!' he shouted back 'now give it to me!'

'Give me Tara and I don't mean drop her!' 

'So many demands, I don't know if I can make promises'

'You bloody better or you are not getting the book back!' Xander yelled trying to act tough

'Aw poor little Xand trying to be brave, ha!' Angelus mocked him

 'I am coming up to give you the book okay?' Willow told Angelus

'Fine' he replied

As Willow started heading up to the building, Spike and I snuck around through the back door and made our way up the stairs, bumping into Willow on the way.