17. You Rich Rich

12:52 pm
Atlanta, GA
Cameron

Stepping out of the rental car, I shut the door behind me, looking up at the large apartment building in front of me with my fists clenched. The deep breaths I took to calm myself down caused clouds of perspiration to grow in the cold Atlanta air.

I walked into the apartment building, welcoming the feeling of the warm air on my cold skin. Sending a small wave to the man standing behind the front desk, I walked straight up to the elevator, pressing the up button. Once the doors opened, I walked inside, pressing the number 7, as she instructed me to. The doors shut, leaving me alone in silence with my thoughts.

After telling me everything that happened yesterday, I told Deija she could stay with me in the hotel as long as she needed. I needed to get back to LA for practice, but quite frankly that was the last thing on my mind. There was no way in hell I was leaving her alone here. Regardless, she needed clothes, so I volunteered myself to go and pick them up for her. No matter how much she protested, when she realized I was going whether she gave me a list or not, she ended up giving me what I wanted. I was going to come get her things whether she liked it or not.

The elevator doors dinged open, making me push off the wall I was leaning on and walk into the hallway. I followed the sign, and walked all the way down the hall until I was standing in front of the designated door.

746.

I pulled the key from my pocket, turning it in my hands a few times before taking a deep breath. It was now that I realized I had no idea what I was about to see in here.

Was this even smart?

I could see a dead body in this bitch and become a witness to a fucking crime.

You fucking idiot. I shook my head.

Nervously, I inserted the key into the lock, turning it to the right.

I pushed the door open slowly, cringing as I felt myself stepping on shards of broken glass. I looked around the quiet apartment timidly, looking for signs of anyone being inside. I was met with an eerie silence, that put me just a little bit at ease. I quickly shut the door behind me and began walking through the apartment. I stopped abruptly as I made it to the small kitchen, that looked straight out of a horror scene.

Glass shards were broken all over the counter and floors, chairs were turned over, and from where I could see into the living room there was a small dent in the wall. My jaw clenched as I thought about what had happened to Deija here. The things he did to her.

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed a red tinge peeking from around the island. Slowly, one foot after the other, I walked around the corner, my heart dropping at what I was seeing in front of me.

Right in the middle of the floor was a large pool of blood—it almost seemed like a whole body's full of it, there was so much. Drenched in blood right beside the pool was a kitchen knife, but there was one thing missing.

"What the fuck."

Deija

"Cam why are you not picking up your phone? You've been gone for two hours now I'm worried." I spoke into the phone urgently, as I chewed on my fingernail. "Just please call me or text me or something. Just let me know you're okay."

For the fifth time, I ended the call, letting out a breath of frustration. Just as I was about to raise my phone to call him again, the door to the hotel room swung open and Cam rushed through, a bag in his hand, and an urgent look on his face.