5. Just For Tonight

12:34 pm
Atlanta, GA
Deija

"What the fuck, did you do?!"

Those were the first words that came out of my mouth when Tiana answered the FaceTime call.

"Huh?" She jerked her head back. "It is too early for you to be comin' at me like this."

"Tiana, this is not funny."

"I'm not laughing. The fuck did I do?"

"I don't know. Maybe explain to me how your baby daddy coincidentally was in my city without me knowing, coincidentally showed up at the same club I was performing at last night, and coincidentally, brought my ex baby daddy who I haven't talked to in five years!" I exclaimed, pacing back and forth across my apartment. "I mean, what did you do Tiana? Was this some sorta parent trap or some shit?! Some scheme you and Aiden came up with to get us to finally talk? Because if you did, guess what? It didn't work!"

"Okay imma need you to bring it down a couple notches." Tiana looked at me like I was crazy. "And stop pacing." I stopped, turning to look at her through the phone. "First of all, I had nothing to do with that. Second of all, holy shit. Third of all...holy shit."

"You sayin' you had no idea?" I raised a brow.

"No! I swear. I mean I knew the team was going to Atlanta this weekend to train, I told Aiden to reach out to you when he got there. But, I had no idea he was going to your show, let alone bringing Cam with him."

I frowned, "Why didn't you just tell me they would be in town?"

"Because I knew how hard this weekend was for you and I didn't want to trigger you by telling you that your ex was in town." She sighed, licking her lips a little. "I just didn't want to hurt you. Either of you."

I blew out a deep breath, walking closer to the bar and taking a seat. I folded my arms across each other and plopped my head down, looking and feeling dejected.

"Well it didn't work. I'm hurting. Bad." I pouted.

"What happened? Oh! How was you show?"

"Well the show was amazing. I killed it. I already gained like a thousand more followers from last night which is amazing." My eyes glinted a little at the thought. "But then I saw Cameron."

"And?" She nodded her head for me to continue.

"And...I tried to talk to him but he stormed off." I blew a raspberry with my lips. "Tiana, when I tell you the look in his eyes was terrible. The hate he felt for me practically radiated off of him."

"He does not hate you."

"Yeah, try convincing him of that."

A few silent moments went by, where I stared straight ahead of me, my depressing thoughts swarming my head.

"How are you feeling?"

"Honestly?" I looked up at her. "Like shit."

"Come on, talk to mama." Tiana cheesed, making me chuckle a little. "I'm all ears."

I rolled my eyes, "Oh lord, if we're gonna do this whole therapist thing, imma need a blunt."

"Oou, I'll get one too!" She cheered.

We both grabbed our phones, and while I walked to my room to grab a pre-rolled blunt and lighter from my bedside table, Tiana went somewhere else in her house to get her choice of drugs.

I opened the door to my balcony, and sat on the canopy as I always did when I needed to get high.

"Okay, I'm ready." She smiled at the camera with her pen in her hand. "Now, spill."