6. Fight or Flight

in the next few chapter's it's finna get deep yall. reallll deep. prepare urselves.

9:46 amAtlanta, GA Deija

9:46 am
Atlanta, GA
Deija

I felt like shit.

Not like the kind of shit you feel when you drink yourself into oblivion. No. None of that.

It was the kind of shit you feel when you feel worthless. When you feel empty. When you have no motivation to go on.

I woke up this morning with having no intention of getting out of my bed. Of even brushing my teeth for that matter.

But after answering the hundredth call Aiden made to me, I threw myself out of my bed and got dressed to go see my brother before he left back to California.

I walked through the door of the restaurant, my eyes scanning the room for a certain blonde haired boy.

When I spotted him in a booth by the window, I walked over, my foot feeling heavy with each step.

"Hey." I forced a smile, drawing his attention from his phone.

"Wassap Deij?" He stood up, pulling me in for a quick hug. "How you feeling?"

I sat down in the booth across from him. "Tired, since you decided to drag me out of bed at the ass crack of dawn."

"It's ten am." He deadpanned.

"Like I said, the ass crack of dawn."

"You need a job." He shook his head, picking up the IHOP menu to look through it.

My jaw dropped, "I do have a job thank you very much. Some people have to work from the bottom up." I shot him a look.

"Aye, don't be mad I'm great." He held his hands up in defense.

I narrowed my eyes, "You wanna get slapped don't you?"

"Okay, chill out. Someone's not a morning person." He grumbled, making me laugh. "Anyways, how is dance by the way?"

"Good." I nodded my head. "We have competition in a couple months so we are getting ready for that. But the kids are amazing."

"Yeah? You enjoy it?"

I shrugged, "It's cool. Not what I imagined myself doing at 23 but, it is what it is."