48. You Deserve It

10:23 am
Los Angeles, CA
Deija

I jolted from my sleep, the incessantly loud ringing of my phone waking me abruptly. With my face still buried in the plush pillow, I patted the bed blindly until my fingers wrapped around the cool metal of my phone.

"Hello?" I said groggily, after slapping the phone to my ear.

"I'm your person huh?"

The voice on the other end sent shock waves of excitement through my body like caffeine, waking me up. I lifted myself from the pillow, wiping the drool from my face, and suddenly becoming aware of my surroundings.

"Huh?"

"You said, and I quote, that I'm your person and I make life worth living." He said, a playful smirk undoubtedly plastered across his annoyingly handsome face right now.

And though, I remember exactly what he's talking about, I decide to play dumb instead, because that drunken display of affection that I sent in a form of a text last night, felt more embarrassing now in my sober state of mind.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I bit my lip, to keep from laughing as I leaned my back against the wooden headboard.

"You don't?" He asked, sounding unconvinced. "You don't remember sending me a text last night?"

"Um, it's not really ringing a bell, no." I shake my head. "But um, you know I was drunk as hell last night so whatever I sent, don't worry about it."

He chuckled, "Well even if you were drunk, I know you meant it."

The line went quiet for a moment as if he was waiting for me to respond or thinking of his next words. When he drew in a deep breath, I braced myself for the words that were about to leave his lips.

"And you're my person too."

Five simple words that made my heart swell in my chest. All the embarrassment and worry that filled me moments ago, fled, and all that was left was the immense amount of love I had for the man on the other end of the call.

When did I get so damn sprung?

"I am?" I asked, timidly, toying with a loose piece of hair that tickled my shoulder.

"Of course you are. You think I put up with your non stop singing for no reason? Or your snoring?"

"I do not snore!" I laugh.

"Yeah you do, like a damn trucker."

My mouth dropped open. "Wha- I...you lyin' cause you ain't ever said nothing before!"

"Because I just dealt with it, and it's kinda cute now." He chuckled.

"Whatever, I still don't believe you." I shook my head, deciding to let it go for now. "I miss you."

"I miss you more, baby. But I can't wait to watch your fine ass walk down that aisle today and then again in a couple months."

"A couple months?" I ask incredulously. "You think that's how long it takes to plan a wedding? A couple months?"

"Somethin' like that. We don't need to wait as long as Aiden and Tiana did, I can't wait that long. I need you to be my wife now."

My chest warmed and the smile on my face spread so wide, I thought my face might split. Just as I began to respond, the door to the bedroom flew open, with Bella on the other side, half her hair in rollers and the other half laying in curls on her shoulder, a frantic look on her face.

"We need help. It's Tiana." She said quickly.

"W-what?" I stumbled out, in shock and confusion. "Is she okay?"