33. For Fucking Life

12:52 pm
Chicago, IL
Cameron

Christmas Day

"Your skates fit?" I asked Deija, as I tied my own around my feet.

When she didn't respond, I looked up at her, only to see her typing away quickly on her phone as she had been doing all morning.

"Deij." Her eyes stayed planted on her phone, the rest of the world drowned out around her. Deciding to find something that would grab her attention, I said "Is that hot chocolate?"

"Where?" She whipped her head up from her phone, looking around the skating rink for the alleged hot chocolate.

"Wow, so hot chocolate grabs your attention but not me?" I cocked my head at her.

"Uh, yeah." She nodded, as if the answers was obvious.

"Wow." I nodded my head, continuing to tie the laces to my skates as her infectious laugh floated around me.

"You the one who decided to drag my anemic ass out to an iceskating rink on Christmas!" She pushed my shoulder lightly. "Of course all I can think about right now is a warm cup of chocolatey goodness."

"I thought I was your chocolatey goodness."

"You are." She laughed, wrapping her arms around my neck, before pecking my cheek. "Hey, do you come with whipped cream too?"

"Somethin' like that." I winked at her playfully.

"Nasty." She chuckled, pushing herself off me to finish tying her own skates. "And to answer your question, yes my skates fit."

"All I wanted to hear." I stood from the small bench we were sitting on, reaching my hands out for hers.

She placed her small hands in mine, allowing me to pull her up from the bench as well. Hand in hand, we slowly waddled across the floor in our skates.

"I'm sorry, Jas has just been texting me all morning about the album." She said, focusing on her feet as we stepped foot on the ice. "The song is doing numbers."

"Real shit?" I raised a brow.

"Real shit." She confirmed. "It's the number one most played track on the whole album at the moment."

"Of course it is, your sexy ass is on it."

"Wait till the music video drops."

I groaned, "These niggas gone be on you. Don't make me have to beat a nigga ass."

"Oh lord."

"Oh lord, is right." I nodded. "Lord is what these niggas gone be prayin to when I'm beatin' they shit in."

She scrunched her face up, "So violent."

Moving a little closer, I snaked my arm around her waist. "That's how I get about mine."

She looked up at me, our eyes connecting for a moment, sharing an intense look.

"Anyways," She broke contact nervously, pulling her beanie down over her ears. "My phones off and all my attention is on you."

"Just how I want it." He smirked.

As we made our second lap around the rink, Deija interlaced her fingers with mine.

"You know, this is our first Christmas together." She smiled.

"I know."

She licked her lips, "If Kya was here, what'd you think we'd be doing today?"

"This." I said instantly, with a chuckle.

"Really?" She laughed.

"Yeah," I nodded, smiling at the thought. "I would've woke both y'all little sleepy asses up, fed you guys a big breakfast—I'm talkin' like pancakes, cinnamon rolls, and french toast type big."