20. Save Her

11:56 pm
Los Angeles, CA
Cameron

I shut the door to my car as I swiped across my phone screen, answering the incoming FaceTime call that came through.

"Yerrr!" Jayceon yelled into the mic as soon as his face bounced across the screen.

"Yo." Chris said.

"Wassup." Aiden nodded, looking as if he was laying in bed, with Khalil on his chest.

"What's good." I said, adjusting my phone in my hand and the bags of food in the others as I walked towards the door that led into my apartment building. "Hey lil man."

"He sleep." Aiden said, making me now realize the quiet tone he was speaking in.

"Oh."

"Where you at?" Jayceon nosy ass said, squinting his eyes as if he was trying to find something.

"Mind yours." I said, pressing the button to the elevator and watching it light up.

"Oh you must be goin to see a sneaky link or sum." He pursed his lips.

"Word?" Chris perked up, his eyes darting from what I assumed was his tv screen to me. "You finna go get some pussy Mitch?"

Just then, the elevator doors opened, and I walked in, pressing the button to my floor before shaking my head.

"Nah, it ain't no sneaky link."

Aiden suddenly spoke up, "He at home. You got a girl at ya crib bro?" He said in  complete disbelief.

Probably because I hadn't been in an actual relationship since Deija and when I did mess around with girls, I never brought em home.

My silence was all the answer they needed before they all start laughing, barking, and cahooting through the chat.

I rolled my eyes, as I stepped off the elevator. "Can yall shut ya asses up? Ian even say nothin'."

"You ain't have to." Aiden shrugged. "It's all in ya eyes." He said, before busting out laughing.

"Man whatever." I sucked my teeth. I'd made it to my door, and scanned the key card against it before pushing it open. "Y'all don't know shit."

"Flip ya camera around and lemme see if I peep some lace panties on the ground."

"Jay shut yo bitch ass up!" I scrunched up my face as I walked further into my apartment. "Imma catch y'all niggas later. Or not."

"Yeah, yeah." Chris waved me off.

"Tell yo lady friend I said hi." Jayceon smirked.

"Bye." I quickly ended the FaceTime call, shaking my head. "It's in ya eyes." I mocked the words Aiden spoke a few seconds earlier.

I sat the bags down on the kitchen counter, beginning to take the food out.

"Deij!" I called, since she had yet to come out. I was hoping she didn't hear anything them assholes were saying, cause they were really just talkin' out they ass. "I'm back!"

Once I finished pulling all the food out, she still hadn't come out. I looked on the counter to see a wine bottle open and chuckled.

"Yo lil alcoholic ass. Who told you you could get some?" I said loudly, amusement in my tone. I crushed all the paper bags together, walking around the island to throw them away when something crunched underneath my feet. When I looked down, crushed pieces of glass spread across the floor atop of a puddle of red wine. Instantly, my heart froze. Deija.