38. Pookie

11:42 am
Atlanta, GA
Cameron

Using the towel in my hand, I wiped the sweat from my forehead as I walked back into the hotel lobby. I pressed the button for the elevator, and scrolled through my phone as I waited for it to come down.

"That's Cameron Wright, mom!" I heard a small voice squeal.

My head snapped to my right, where a little kid with brown skin and locs that reached his shoulders was looking at me, eyes wide with astonishment.

"You're Cameron Wright!" He pointed at me.

I chuckled, "I am. Who are you?"

"Devon Brown, sir." His smile was from ear to ear. "You're my favorite player, see, I have your shirt on." He straightened out his yellow t-shirt that had my jersey number on it.

"This is nice, lil man'." I tugged at the bottom of his shirt gently. "You watchin' the game tonight?"

"Yes! Me and my brother are going to watch it on the T.V."

"On the T.V." I trailed off, with a smirk. "What if I got you tickets to watch at the arena?"

His eyes widened and he jumped up and down in excitement.

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" He pumped his fist in the air.

"Alright." I chuckled, giving him a fist bump. Looking to his mom, I finally shook her hand. "If you give me your email I can have some tickets sent over to you for tonight's game."

"Really? Are you sure?" She asked.

"Yes, I'm sure." I chuckled. "What's your email?"

I typed down her email in my notes as she told me, making a mental reminder to send her those tickets as soon as possible.

"Okay, I'll send them over in the next hour or so." I told her.

"Thank you so much!" She told me sincerely. "Can I get a picture of you guys?"

"Of course." I kneeled down next to Devon and smiled as his mom snapped a few pictures.

"Tell him thank you, Devon." She told her son.

He smiled at me. "Thank you!"

"No problem, lil' man." I stuck my fist out for him to dap. "Y'all have a good day."

"You too!"

I had already missed the elevator but luckily as they walked away another one dinged open as people walked out. I got on the elevator, sending a text to our team manager asking him to send some tickets over.

When the elevator finally got to our floor, I eagerly walked down the hallway, excited to get back to my girl. But, when I walked through the bedroom doors she was still exactly as I had left her a hour before.

She was sprawled across the bed on her stomach, the sheets draped over the lower half of her still naked body, and her hair laid crazily all over her pillow. Kneeling down in front of her, I moved some hair away from her face, before pecking her lips repeatedly.

"Hm." She groaned, scrunching her face up.

"Wake up, beautiful." I massaged her ass over the covers.

Her eyes opened slowly, as she adjusted to the bright light that shined across the room.

"Morning." She smiled.

"It's not morning." I chuckled.

"What time is it?"

"Twelve."