19. Real, Real Soon

12:34 pm
Los Angeles, CA
Deija

I tapped my chipped and brittle fingernails against the glass dining table, as I stared out into the living room, watching Cam angrily yell into his headset as he played his game.

My journal where I'd scribbled thousands of words of song lyrics sat open and ready to embrace the feeling of my pencil scraping across it. But it never did. The bright white page sat blank, and as second after second passed by, it seemed the only thoughts I had in my head were 'what's Cameron doing?' and 'why is he not talking to me?'.

I quickly shut my notebook, standing from the chair I was in and walking over to the living room were Cam was sitting on the edge of the couch, twiddling his thumbs against the controller as he continually yelled into his headset.

"Yo! Where's my backup?!" He screamed. "Fuck! Y'all niggas suck man."

"Cam."

At the sound of my voice, he quickly looked over his shoulder, his once angry face turning soft, "Wassup?"

"Let me play."

Cam laughed, "No."

"Yes.

"No."

I folded my arms across my chest, shooting him an annoyed look, "Why not?"

"You not finna mess up my PR shorty." The second those words slipped from his lips, someone snuck up behind him and shot him, blood coated the screen. "Shit!"

I snickered, "From the looks of it, you already did."

"I'll catch up with yall niggas later." He said, before taking the headset off of his head, and powering the tv off. Once he did, he stood from the couch, stretching his long, muscular body out.

I looked at the now blank screen. "Sooo, I'm not playing?"

"No." He chuckled, grabbing his keys off the couch. "Go put some shoes on, I'm taking you somewhere."

"Where?"

"Let it be a surprise." He shrugged.

"I hate you so much." I rolled my eyes before walking off to his room. I was already dressed in a pair of hot pink sweatpants and a graphic crop top so i just slid on my black and white dunks, grabbed my phone and wallet, and headed back out into the hallway.

"Let's hurry it up, yeah?" Cam rushed me from his front door.

"Rush me again and I'll turn my ass back around and stay the fuck here, yeah?"

"Do it then." He said, surprising me. When I didn't say anything, and only kept walking he smirked, "That's what I thought."

"Shut up."

After locking his front door, we walked to the elevator, and rode it down till we made it to the lobby. As soon as we stepped foot in his car, I grabbed the aux, plugging my phone into it, and immediately began to play Jhéne Aiko.

"You think I could do a feature with her one day?" I asked as the thought popped into my mind.

Cam looked over at me quickly as he drove, licking his lips. "Fasho. I think you could feature with Beyonce one day."