CHAPTER 8

8 Jan 2016

St Barthélemy, Carribean

Aurelie's POV

 Swimming has always been one of my least favourite things to do when on holiday, I would much rather relax by having a nap or reading under the sun. It's not that I'm one of those girls who refuse to get their hair wet, I just simply don't enjoy doing strenuous activities when I'm on holiday for the whole purpose of relaxing.

 But, it seems that I'm always making exceptions for Harry.

 He somehow dragged me into the water, complaining about how he was all lonely whilst trying to cool off. I tried to explain to him that it's his problem, not mine, but then he made me feel all bad after stating that I could 'help solve his loneliness'.

 So here I am. Swimming around like a frog, in the middle of the ocean, with Harry towing at my feet. He keeps trying to pull me underwater by my ankles, though he hasn't proved successful yet.

 "My legs are tired Harry. I'm getting back on the boat." I complain, kicking my legs out more to try and shake him off of me.

 "Nooooo," he pouts, gripping my other ankle too, "Please stay."

 "Just get out with me, then you won't be lonely."

 "It's too hot." he says, floating even closer towards me. I roll my eyes at him as he stills my kicking with his large hands, moving my thighs to wrap around his waist so that he's completely supporting my weight. How we're not drowning- I'll never know. "Surely exchanging body heat isn't helping that?" I ask him.

 "Yeah because you're way too hot." he jokes, and I scoff in reply. "Are you suggesting that I'm not hot?"

 He blushes immediately, incoherent words slipping from his mouth as he flusters around a response. "No- I mean- You know what I mean..." he continues to stall, and I make it my mission to find any way to annoy him.

 "No. I don't know what you mean actually. Is this you saying that you think I'm ugly?" I fake complain, flustering Harry even more.

 "No you're..." he starts, freezing up again, "You're..."

 "Ugly I know." I sigh sarcastically, shrugging and managing to swim away from him during his moment of stillness. "That's not fair!" he shouts to me as I pull myself up onto the deck with struggle due to my tired arms.

 "You think I'm ugly." I pout, sitting on the edge of the warm deck and swinging my tanned legs in the clear water.

 The opportunity to go on holiday came at the perfect time, I was getting slightly pale and Chris would've sent me for a fake tan. I hate fake tan with a passion. That awkward bright orange colour that it turns whilst you wait for it to develop is definitely the worst part of it- especially if you get spotted and have to take pictures with people whilst you look like a tangerine.

 "You know you're not. Piss off." he finally catches on, splashing me with the salty water. A few drops go into my mouth, and I stick my tongue out in disgust. "Sorry babe." he looks honest, though I can sense a slight bit of laughter in his voice.

 "Babe?" I hear Kendall say from behind us, the nosey twat. She dances towards me to the faint beat of the music coming from above, where Harry's parents are sat. "Since when did you two start calling each other babe?" She questions.

 "Since whenever we decided to." I confirm, and Harry's embarrassed expression soon fades into one of contentment.

 "You two are so sickening. Make me feel so single."