CHAPTER 49

14th June 2019 (a year time jump!!)

New York City

Aurelie's POV

a/n: i know how court doesn't work like this but I'm not a lawyer sooooo it doesn't matter (my two weeks of alevel law begs to differ xx)

"Give her a big kiss for me, okay?" I tell Harry over FaceTime, pretending to kiss the camera at the sight of a smiley Anaëlle bouncing in Harry's arms.

"I will. Don't stress about today. You look amazing, and he'll get what he deserves." he reassures me, moving the camera fully onto him so that I can understand his seriousness.

I laugh cockily at this. "I'm not stressed, you know I'm actually quite excited. Justice will be served." I pronounce the last bit in a sing-song voice, making Harry smile.

"That's my girl." he grins proudly.

"One more week and I'm your girl forever." I reference our wedding which I physically cannot wait for. Surprisingly, I've managed to keep my bridezilla alter ego at bay the whole planning process.

"I can't wait. I'll let you go now but I love you no matter the outcome today, yeah?"

"Love you too." I smile back before the screen goes blank. Glossing my eyes over my reflection in the mirror, I smile to myself. And to Marcus who's grinning proudly at his beautiful work on my makeup.

"The boy done good." I tell him, laughing.

"Who? Me on your makeup or Harry for bagging a hottie like you?" Marcus humours.

"Both of you." I chuckle.

"Now let me take a photo of this look so that when you win this case I can post about it and boast about it to all of Instagram." he spins me around and stands me against the plain wall in the hotel room.

" he spins me around and stands me against the plain wall in the hotel room

"The necklace and the winged eyeliner really tie everything together." he comments smugly.

"You don't think that it's too much? I mean I'm taking Chris to court, what if I don't even win? Is it not too showy?" I begin to feel insecure in my options.

"Absolutely not. Chris Bailey is going down whether he officially does in the eyes of the court or not once the press gets their eyes on you."

It's true, the press has barely seen any of me since giving birth. Many assumed that it was due to major post birth weight gain, some kind of botched plastic surgery job or horrendous wrinkles gifted to me by the strains of motherhood. In reality, it's solely because I've enjoyed leading a more private life for the run up to this day.

The plan the whole time was for me to stay out of the media for a year. No social media posts, very limited sightings to keep the word off of me, that way I can't be accused of taking Chris to court for publicity reasons. And then when I win (not if, when) I can come back and tell the truth, tell my story.