CHAPTER 35

28 November 2017
Shanghai
Aurelie's POV

Harry's in his element at the party, as to be expected. Like I mentioned before, the angels are either on hard-core drugs or are completely anti-drugs, there's no inbetween.

So, it's a little surprising that he got his hands on something as mild as weed. He wedges the joint between my teeth, holding out a yellow lighter that he got from god knows where. The flame warmed my face for a second as I admire Harry's concentration face, his top bunny teeth holding his bottom lip in place.

He flicks the lighter shut with a loud click and stuffs it in my bag. "Hey!" my voice is muffled because of the joint, so I take it out and hand it to him.

"I threw away all of my cigs and all of my lighters, I'm going quit!" my voice is whiney as I fish it out, disregarding it on the ledge which overlooks the city. Harry laughs at me. "You say that you're going to quit with weed between your teeth. Good start Ellie." he teases.

"Yes I am." I say confidently, crossing my arms over my chest and looking out over the skyline.

"So you don't want any?" he waves it around my face like a parent does with a baby's food, "Here comes the airplane!"

"You're so cruel, I hope that you know that." I huff in fake upset. He simply shrugs, smirking with it in his mouth now.

"Come here." he motions for me to join him as he leans against the edge of the roof, sliding down the wall to sit down. When my stubborn self doesn't respond, he sighs as he stands up, and then surprises me by throwing me over his shoulder.

I kick my legs against his chest lightly, just messing around. "Harry! Put me down!" I glance at the concrete floor briefly, weighing out the damage that I would cause myself if I jumped off his back. Luckily, I don't have to test out my plan when he places me gently next to him.

A chill runs over me at the contact of the cold, concrete floor and he envelopes me between his arms. "My poor hypothermic girlfriend."

I shiver as he laughs wholeheartedly, losing contact with me. "It's twenty five degrees, the chances of me getting hypothermia are impossible." I roll my eyes at him as I swipe some dust off of my legs.

"And look, I even turned you into a Celsius speaker!" he exclaims, raising one of his arms in victory.

"Well you refused to learn Fahrenheit." I raise my eyebrows at him.

"You learnt Celsius for me anyway." he shrugs back, taking a breath through the joint. I watch as he inhales sharply, yet so effortlessly, the smoke tunnelling out of his throat a few seconds later with a sigh.

"Smell that?" he smiles lazily, teasing me.

"I do and even if I didn't, you'd still end up stinking of it unless you tried to hide it from me like younger me did with my Dad."

"A little rebel? Who knew?" he laughs to himself.

"Only with my Dad, my Mom didn't care one bit."

"Cool Mum, like mine." 

 We sit in silence for a few seconds, smiling at each other. I lean back into him and sigh. He taps my forehead as if he's tapping on glass.

"Thinking too hard again?" he asks.

 "It's just, what if this thing that Chris is doing is actually like career ending? I know that I'm stopping modelling, but something being career ending to me is like life ending, everything about me is shared with the world."