CHAPTER 20

18 February 2016

Milan, Italy

Aurelie's POV

"Maybe he went out front?" Kaia suggests, and I shake my head.

"There's paparazzi outside, I don't think he would go out there and face them." I shrug and she nods in agreement.

Walking towards a window, I peel the curtain back and see flashing lights yet again. So someone high profile is out there.

"He could be out there, actually." I point to the group of people crowding someone, and her face lights up.

Without hesitation, she steals her jacket from the coat rack, ignoring the protests from the man behind the counter that's telling her to let the staff do that for her. She shrugs, pulls the fabric around her shoulders, and runs outside.

The camera holding snakes immediately notice, turning their attention to her and blinding her instead.

The body hidden by the crowd scrambles away, a mop of familiar curly brown hair bouncing as they run.

I have two choices. One- go out after Harry and make sure he's okay. Or, two- stay in the bar and call him instead. Groaning, I make a run for it, sprinting in my tiny stiletto heels.

Kaia shouts for me to stop, accidentally revealing my identity. She gasps and tries to call them back over, but they don't listen.

"Excuse me, excuse me." I chant, weaving my way through the crowd with every bone in my body trembling. It's weird seeing paparazzi without Harry by my side now, stealing touches and comforting me secretly. I miss it more than anything in this moment.

"Harry!" I shout, but can't be heard over the chatter of photographers. Typical.

I have no clue what he's doing, he just keeps running. I'm glad that I had brought my bag with me when we rushed out, because it doesn't look like we're going back any time soon.

"Aurelie! Want to answer our question about whether the source is telling the truth or not?" that damn 'source'. Chris had everyone there sign an NDA, so either this person is breaking the law or missed out on signing the papers.

Whoever it is, I'm going to find out more.

"Who actually is this source? Do they have any proof other than their word?" I speak, and they go silent, a little stunned that I actually said a sentence rather than a few words, "That's what I thought."

I take the opportunity to start running again, squeezing through the gaps between camera after camera. Kaia follows close behind, struggling to match my pace.

"Harry!" he recognises my voice this time, and turns around with his phone attached to his ear.

He looks hurt.

I shuffle towards him in my heels, ignoring the deja vu of what happened a few weeks ago back in LA with Timothee.

Tears brim his eyes, something that I've only seen happen two, maybe three times. "Harry?" I say again, raising my tone at the end so it ends up as a question.

"Shit, I'm sorry Aurelie." he immediately apologises, for what I don't know. "Mum, I've got to go. Yeah. I'll call you. Bye." he ends up the phone call and wipes his eyes.

I don't question his actions, I just bring him into a hug. He accepts it and buries his head in my neck, shaking as I can only assume that he's crying.

I pull back and look him in the eyes, my hands resting on each side of his cheek. "It's Robin." he says shakily.

"What about Robin?" I say softly, wiping each tear as it falls.