CHAPTER 40

FIRSTLY, I would like to apologise for the month that I disappeared and didn't update. If I have learnt one thing from my time off, it's that being selfish isn't a bad thing

Take time for yourself. Reach out for help if you're struggling. At first it was one of the hardest thing's (if not the hardest) that I've ever done, but by far the most rewarding. I can promise you that if you ever need to talk, my inbox is always open. 

Please look after yourselves. You're here for a reason. 

And with that, enjoy this short but sweet chapter :) *P.S. i wrote this before the whole zayn & gigi matter, so i apologise on behalf of the bad timing*

26 December 2017

Kensington, London

Harry's POV

I can't keep my eyes off of her. I watch as she scrapes her hair back from her face, fanning herself from the heat.

The rosey glint that graces her cheeks is ever so noticeable, immersing me further into my concentrated gaze on her, further into my daydreams. I look up at her with so much love that it leaves my heart feeling ready to burst at any second.

"What time is everyone coming?" she asks, blissfully unaware of her effect on me. My eyes drift over her simplistic outfit: red cargo pants, a white tee and a red bandana which ties it all together. She fiddles with her leather belt, adjusting the metal into the perfectly shaped hole.

 "Don't know

"Don't know." I mutter a response absentmindedly, too distracted by her natural beauty to even take in her question. She glances at her belt, tugging on it every so slightly with a frown on her face.

This concerns me, prompting me to push myself off of the bed and envelope her in my arms. "You okay?" I question, feeling my lips flutter against her flushed, sweet smelling neck.

"I'm still wearing my belt in the same hole." the corners of her mouth remain drawn to her chin as she watches herself in the mirror, eyes narrowing. "Shouldn't I have to make it bigger?"

Aurelie's owl eyes turn to me, pleading in them. "And why would that be?" I try my hardest to look past her refinement and direct my attention more towards her upset.

"Because there's a human in there. In my stomach H. I'm physically growing something." she whispers, still in disbelief. Sucking on my teeth to keep myself from laughing at her cuteness, I rest my head against her cheek, pulling her close.

"You've not been growing them for long enough yet Els. Give them some time." I speak in a soft voice, melting as she continues to frown as she caresses her stomach with her hand.

Of course, there's no sign of any change yet, but the fact that she's so caught up on the size of our child so early in on the pregnancy gives me high hopes for the rest of the experience.