CHAPTER 1

December 2015

New York City 

Aurelies POV

New Years eve. Pretty pointless day if you ask me. You basically spend the whole day lay in bed, and then spend the night preparing for the biggest parties of the year and to get the most wasted you've been since the previous new year. Before my life changed so drastically with my modelling, I never even celebrated it, I spent the night tucked up in bed with a hot cup of tea and a good book. 

With my modelling comes morality contracts- meaning that I'm not allowed to party a lot, so I've really began to savour one of my only nights of freedom. It's still a pointless holiday though. Just like how new years resolutions are pointless too; if you wanted to get your life together that badly then how come you had to wait until a new year to do it? Each to their own I guess. 

It's currently 8 o'clock on the wonderful 31st of December, and I'm sat on a hotel bed somewhere in New York with my best friend, Romee. She's a Victoria's Secret angel like me, we met earlier in the year at a promo shoot and have been best friends ever since. It was nice to have a fellow angel that wasn't a bitch, most others were. I liked to call them devils in disguise. 

"Red lip or nude?" she asks me. 

"Nude, red won't last one minute tonight." I assured her. 

Romee paused as she caught a glimpse of me in the mirror, opening her mouth to speak. "Is Timmy going to be there tonight?" 

I pursed my lips, frowning. 

"Who knows. He's probably going to be there, which is annoying because Chris is pissed off with the amount of paparazzi photos of me and him together. I don't know what he expects from us though. We're both trapped in the public eye, and even when there's not paparazzi there's prying teenagers with cameras anyways." I sigh. 

Timmy and I have been good friends for a while now, probably around a year, and within the last few months we may or may not have shared a few romantic encounters. And I may or may not be starting to develop feelings for him. 

Chris, my manager, is huge on reputation and how the public views me, and Timmy apparently doesn't fit my image for some reason. He says that Timmy is too normal, that he's too kind to his fans- apparently that's a bad thing since it makes me look worse, like I'm dating a saint and I'm just... well... me

My relationship with him recently has been strange for the most part, him messaging me trying to get me to come over in the middle of the night: him not wanting to spend days out with me anymore. He's got himself some new friends, which I call "the stoners", a group of people constantly fuelling him with weed and getting him to experiment with new drugs. It's part of the whole experience of rising to stardom, I get it, but sometimes I just miss my old boy next door Timmy. 

Romee gives me a sad look in response to my rant, and she goes to look at her phone notifications. "Yep. Timmy's on the guest list." she confirms, making me groan back onto the comfy mattress. "Guess I'd better finish getting ready then"

The two of us had gone for lingerie inspired outfits tonight, I'm wearing a black and white lace strapless bodysuit, with blue jeans and a belt, whereas Romee is wearing matching black lingerie and a sheer skirt and top. We spent around 10 minutes taking photos until we finally took some that we both agreed on, before posting it to my instagram.