CHAPTER 9

12 January 2016

St Barthelemy, Caribbean

Aurelies POV

 Having only got three days left with Harry in our own little world, I decided that we had to make the most of our remaining time together.

 We haven't discussed what's happening when the holiday ends, though I'm not opposed to ignoring the situation since I'm still so scared. What if Anne was lying? What if he doesn't actually like me?

 "How do you get so deep in thought all the time?" Kendall wonders, hardly surprising me since she likes to think out loud a lot.

 It's around nine at night, the sun slowly setting upon the horizon and painting the sky beautiful peach colours, like it's a canvas.

 Kendall and I are sat together sipping cocktails, her a little tipsy, reflecting on how good the past week and a bit has been. She goes home with Anne and Robin tomorrow, leaving me and Harry alone for a few days.

 "Just the joys of being an over thinker."

 She laughs, her drink slightly spilling over the top of her crystal glass, getting herself covered in the sticky liquid. "Shit!"

 I grab her some napkins, trying to draw the huge pink stain out of the white silk skirt she wears. She huffs in annoyance, complaining about how she doesn't have a number for a dry cleaners in St Barts.

 "Pass it here." I refer to her skirt, and she takes it off without hesitation. Since we're only on the yacht and her job is quite literally just walking around with only underwear on, she doesn't even give it a second thought.

 I put the skirt in the bathroom sink basin, filling it up with hot water and adding some fabric stain remover that I found in the cupboard. "Now just leave that until the morning, and the stain should be out."

 "Thank you!" she slurs slightly, being the lightweight that she is. She kisses me sloppily on the cheek, before going back to her room to get some fresh clothes on.

 As I go back outside to clean up the mess she made, I bump into something, or rather someone.

 Harry grips the sides of my waist from behind, pulling me further into his chest. He leans down to whisper in my ear, grabbing my attention immediately. "Up for an adventure?" he mumbles, his lips teasing my ears slightly. I turn around to face him, pressing my lips to his cheek quickly, then wriggling out of his grip. "With you? Always."

 He smiles genuinely, taking my hand and pulling me to the dock. "We're leaving!" he makes our departure known, and I hear Anne shout back an 'okay'. He grabs his guitar and his notebook, making me give him a questionable look. He just shrugs.

 As soon as our feet hit the pavement, he takes off running, taking me by surprise and nearly making me fall over.

 "This is giving me flashbacks to new years." I say breathlessly. He nods in agreement, immediately halting when something catches his eye.

 I stop too, wondering what caught his attention. He pulls me behind him, confusing me even more.

 "There's paps."

 "At this time? Jesus how would they even know that we're not staying in tonight?"

 "I don't know but I really don't want to get seen."

 There was about five men with huge cameras hiding in bushes, making themselves look extremely stupid. We were almost standing right in front of them and they hadn't even noticed. Harry literally has a huge guitar on his back.