CHAPTER 14

i really recommend watching the last minute of the video if you want to, it's how i imagine the second half of the chapter to be :)

21 January 2016

New York City

Aurelies POV

Getting back to work after being off for so long is definitely strange feeling. Sitting in a chair and having my makeup artist touch up my face was almost soothing- I have to admit that I've missed working a little bit.

Harry went back to London yesterday, we spent the past few days hanging out with Alice at his house and swimming in his pool. It was heated, who even needs a heated pool for a place they don't spend a long time in? We didn't complain though.

The woman doing my makeup kindly complimented that my skin has improved since the last time she had seen me, and I couldn't help but smile at this. Apparently it's because I've not been as stressed.

When Jimmy Fallon saunters into the room to go over the questions for the show, I start getting a little nervous. It's been a while since I've had a broadcasted interview, and even though it's not live, it's still nerve wracking.

"Don't be scared, I'll go easy on you." he says, and I sense a hint of sarcasm in his voice. I don't want to seem rude, so I just throw him a smile and rub my palms against my leg.

He briefs me on what type of questions there will be, and only one or two were directed towards Harry. I told Jimmy that I didn't mind talking about him, as long as he wasn't suggestive with his words or asked about anything too private. He agreed, and let me know that I have 10 minutes until showtime. We also made a rule that he wasn't allowed to ask about the eating disorder subject floating around the media at the moment.

There's still an audience, so if I make a mistake it will most definitely be embarrassing. I take a water bottle from the mini fridge and gulp down as much as I can, so that my throat doesn't get all dry when I talk. My phone rings, and I have to shuffle around in my bag to get it before the call ends.

"Hello?" I don't even have chance to look at the caller ID.

"Hey." a very raspy voice responds on the line, and I sigh in relief. "Harry?"

"Who else? How are you doing, love."

"I'm so fucking nauseous, I just want this done to be honest with you."

"Not long now. Deep breath in, deep breath out." he repeats this sequence for a while, successfully calming my breathing pattern.

"What would I do without you."

"Be an independent boss ass bitch." he puts on a fake girly american accent, and I can't help but laugh.

"How late even is it over there?" I ask him, even though my mouth is stuffed with strawberries. Always got to make the most of a free fruit platter.

"Like 10. It's been a hard day though, so I'm gonna get some sleep once you've done the interview. The real question is, what on earth are you snaffling?"

"Fruit." I laugh, "Don't stay up, you're tired, I can tell."

"I'm staying up. No arguments about it."

"Okay mister bossy."

We continue to talk for another five minutes, and I forget all about my interview until a man knocks on the door, letting me know that it's showtime.

Walking backstage is a weird feeling, there's lots of people shouting and setting up cameras. I hate how I have to wait for Jimmy to introduce me and walk on, I can't just be sat down from the start. When the cameras start rolling and he mentions my name, I take a deep breath and make my way over to him, smiling and trying my best to not make it look like I'm shitting myself inside. Only got to spend the next hour sat down.