CHAPTER 13

17 January 2016

Los Angeles, California

Aurelies POV

"Let's talk business." Chris and the one and only Simon Cowell sit in front of Harry and I, both with serious expressions and sternly crossed limbs. It's hard not to laugh at the sight of them attempting to look intimidating.

"We're not happy with the two of you, as I'm sure you're well aware of." Simon speaks, and we both just nod in agreement. "Any idea as to why we're not so impressed with you?"

"Because you both need an attitude adjustment." Chris interrupts before we even have chance to reply. Harry quite literally spits out the water that he was sipping, drenching the papers on the desk.

"Harry!" Simon scolds, trying to salvage the paperwork, "I have had numerous complaints from Chris here about the influence that you're having on Aurelie, and I have some complaints myself. You say that you hate the womanising image that's forced onto you, but you do it to yourself, Harry. I can't do anything about that!" Chris nods along as Simon ranted.

"You're fired." he says simply, without a care in the world. I whip my head to him, unable to believe what I just heard him say.

"You what?" I whisper shout to him.

"You heard me. Simon, you're fired. I don't care anymore. I'm not in the band, our contracts up and I know for a fact that I could do so much better with someone else. It's your job to protect my private life. I'm not just going to put my life on halt so that I don't have as many stories in silly gossip magazines."

I squeeze his knee reassuringly, and he squeezes my hand back. Simon has his jaw glued to the floor- his cheeks tainted pink with rage in his flustered state. I'm just as surprised as him, to be honest. I think that it's good for Harry though.

"You're serious about this?" he asks.

"Do I look like I'm kidding? I'm done here, I'll sort out the papers."

He gets up, and looks down at me expectedly. "She's not coming with you, I have personal things to talk to her about." Chris orders me to stay.

Simon gets up to follow Harry out, and I'm left alone with satan himself. "So, you remembered protocol, I suspect?" Chris shuts the door, raising my heart rate. I wasn't afraid before, but I definitely am now.

"Yes." I squeak, standing up to go closer to him. He prods his fingers into my cheekbones and jawline, inspecting it carefully. "Step back." I do as he says. "T-shirt."

I pull off my t-shirt, leaving me in just a pair of jeans and my bra. "Good. You don't look like you've gained, I'm impressed." he smiles devilishly.

I pull the shirt back on before deciding to speak again. "The doctor suggested that for my body to be healthy again, I need to gain weight. Is that okay with you?"

"No. This is your job Aurelie, you're known for being the slim one. It's your... trademark. Now, would you rather be out of a job and fat or stay slim and have a job?"

I try my hardest not to speak back to him, I just nod and look over my itinerary for the next few weeks. Surprisingly, it wasn't as busy as I thought it would be.

In the next few weeks I have an interview with Jimmy Fallon, a shoot for Calvin Klein, lots of fittings and then finally fashion week for about a month.

"My Calvin shoot isn't interfering with my angel contract?" I wonder how I've been allowed to shoot something with the competitor brand.

"Let's just say that I have a few connections."