CHAPTER 44

it might be worth rereading the first 2 chapters for this one :)

4th January 2018

Barbados

Aurelie's POV

"Andrea!" I welcome my nail artist with open arms, walking towards her in the hotel lobby. I was a little afraid that she would be in a bad mood since Harry practically forced her onto a flight, but she looked a lot happier than I was expecting as she cradled a Pina colada in her hands, hesitant to put it down.

"I am so sorry this was so last minute. It wasn't my idea."

She laughs sweetly, putting the drink down finally. "I gathered that. But when duty calls, as well as an all inclusive free holiday, I'm always here." she chuckles, leaning in to hug me.

"Well, you needed some kind of compensation. Do you want to do this in my hotel room so that we're not stinking this place with the scent of acetone?"

She nods, taking a final sip of her drink through the ridiculously long straw. "That works with me."

The first thing that I do when I welcome her into my room is order her another drink. Nothing too alcoholic, as I don't fancy having drunkenly wonky nails, but enough to keep her chatty and lighthearted. There's nothing more awkward than silence when you're having your nails done.

"Hey Andrea." Harry emerges into the room with a smirk on his face, emptying his pocket from keys and loose change. "I bought you some pop tarts like you wanted Ellie. Should I put them in the toaster for you?"

I smile, my heart feeling full of warmth and love at the fact that he ran to the store in this heat just to get me my cravings. "Don't bother. I'll just eat it out of the packet."

"You are unhinged." he says, handing me a packet. Brown sugar cinnamon- the best flavour.

"I hate to be a downer but I kind of need both of your hands, I'll start prepping your nails." Andrea sets up all of her equipment on the laminate table and I have to try and hide my frown.

Luckily for me, Harry's right by my side and eager to help. "I can just feed you. You need these perfect nails."

Andrea gives him a certain look and I can't help but feel like I'm missing out on something. Not necessarily a joke, but definitely some information that's flown straight over my head.

I don't have much time to think about it before a pop tart is being shoved into my face, bite after bite. Harry leans his head on my shoulder, stealing bits as and when he can. His stubble has started growing through a little again, constantly scratching my freshly tanned and moisturised skin.

I spent the last few daylight hours lying beneath the sun yesterday due to the fact that he disappeared again. It was nice to relax with the sea breeze and a good book: different from the icy breeze of London. "Are you heading back to France any time soon?" Andrea asks, swiping a brush across my fingernail.

"I saw my Dad over Christmas, so there's not really a big need for me to go over." I tell her, and she looks to Harry, who's smirking to himself. I'm nearing my breaking point.

"What is going on with you two. You're both acting so weird."

Harry kisses my neck sweetly as a distraction. It doesn't help. "Andrea..." I warn.

"My lips are sealed."

"You're looking smart." I comment as Harry appears from the bathroom, freshly shaven and smelling of his signature aftershave. He's wearing a silk black dress shirt that's more open than closed, though I'm not opposed.