CHAPTER 38

23 December 2017

Kensington, London

Aurelie's POV

For some reason, home isn't feeling like home. 

I don't think that I've ever stayed in the same place for so long before: ever. I didn't expect to feel this way so soon either, I thought that it would be at least two or three months before I started to get restless.

Harry on the other hand, he fits right in here. He drives around like he knows the area inside out, sometimes goes on day trips to visit his Mum. He chats with just about everyone he comes into contact with, whether it be shopkeepers, window cleaners or the milk man, you name it and he's bestfriends with them.

He seems so at peace with his surroundings. I feel the exact opposite. Sure, the house is nice. I'm so lucky to be here. But I don't know anyone.

I've got connections all over the world, most of them living in America. And even then, with all of my connections, I somehow feel so unimaginably lonely.

"I'm taking Tate out!" I hear Harry call from downstairs, the pounding of the dog's claws thrashing against the floor. I don't even get the chance to respond before the door is slammed shut behind him, me being met by the silence of the house.

I feel like I shouldn't feel this way. The house is beautiful and I'm beyond lucky to live here, especially with Harry, so why can't I just accept it? Why do I always want more?

Sighing slowly, I finish washing my face, wiping it carefully against the soft fibres of the hand towel. There's a few speckles of mascara lining my bottom lash line, and I just leave them there.

I had a doctors appointment the other week; they told me I could take off my boot, took my bloods and also spoke to Harry about my eating, as he requested. I was glad to have the limping machine taken off, not that I'm supposed to be doing anything strenuous without it...

I bought a new pair of heels to wear on Christmas day, I couldn't resist. Harry's invited all of his family and friends over for dinner- he's really excited about it.

Me, well I'm excited for him. None of my friends or family are coming, they all have their own things to do in America or wherever in the world they live. I'm happy for them, I really am. Part of me wishes that I could selfishly spend the day with them.

Speaking of friends, my phone pings with a message from Romee. 

 I'd completely forgotten about the Christmas shoot

 I'd completely forgotten about the Christmas shoot. Every year, the angels would get together and pose in all of the festive wear, even though it was always in about August/September. The photographers wanted the pictures to appear as natural as possible, so it was like one big party.

Smiling at the photo, I message back quickly.