CHAPTER 2

December 2015

New York City 

Harry's POV

Travelling, one of my favourite things to do. A single plane can open your mind and take you to places you never even knew existed- like an alternate universe that you would never have believed real unless you saw it for yourself. Like a teleportation device.

 Of course it has its disadvantages, especially when you're ferried from place to place unwillingly, though the new experiences that each place holds makes it worth it. 

It's now, whilst I stand in the middle of JFK airport, that I come to regret all the positive thoughts I just had about travelling. Cheering girls, yapping men with cameras and just people in general crowd around me, shrieking different kinds of abuse at me. 

'Manwhore'

'Uses people'

'Useless'

'Sex symbol'

All of the accusations and profanities shouted at me still hurt a little- I know I need to grow tougher skin and take criticism better, but when none of them are even the slightest bit true you almost want to just shout out to them that it's all fake. It's all a facade. 

Being on stage is where I'm the happiest version of myself, singing and dancing around with fans who like me for me. Or the label that management put on me. 

"Harry, you going to Kendall's party tonight?" wasn't even aware that she was having one. 

"Are the two of you dating?"  No. She's just a touchy person and somehow paparazzi get us at the worst moments. 

"Excited to see anyone in New York?"  looking forward to spending the whole of my stay alone, most likely lay in bed watching disney movies.

Security pushes me into the car, hurting me a little in the process. Press has been especially bad recently due to the break up of the band, just like when Zayn left. There was a lot of rumours about why the band broke up, most of them relating back to me.

 Apparently I wanted to go and succeed in a solo career since I hated the boys and I was jealous of the fact that I didn't have all of the spotlight. It was the exact opposite in reality, I needed a break from the spotlight. 

Look at how well that's working out for me. 

I text Kendall to get the details of the party tonight, I need to go and get drunk as a distraction and it just so happens that she's holding a party. I mentally thank the paps for making me aware of it. 

Kendall let's me know that Ed Sheeran is also going to be there much to my delight, he may be small but he can drink more than anyone I know, minus Niall. Niall can drink his entire body weight in vodka and he'd still be standing. 

She also claims that there's rumours that the one and only Aurelie Laurent is going too. I spent so long stalking her, wondering whether or not to reach out to her, but I never actually acted on my thoughts since I knew she was better off without me.  I wouldn't even know what to do if I saw her, would I speak to her or just run away?

Whichever happens, I know that it won't be good. I've spent the last 5 years trying my hardest to ignore what happened and pretend she didn't exist, and I just have a feeling that tonight it will all change.

 ♡ 

Somehow, I managed to avoid paparazzi getting into the party. They were far too busy taking pictures of what looked like Timothée Chalamet and a girl to notice me sneak past them, heading straight through the door unnoticed.