CHAPTER 15

23 January 2016

Los Angeles, California

Aurelies POV

Another change of location- what a surprise. Timmy had followed me to LA without either of us noticing. He claimed that he had a photoshoot today, and coincidentally, so did I. I had Calvin Klein, and no clue what Timothée was shooting for. We even ended up being positioned at the same hotel.

Part of me had begun to feel a little bad for acting so closely with him the other night when I knew that I had Harry, even though we had no labels on our relations to each other and hadn't discussed anything of the sort.

I just needed comforting, there's no feelings involved. I hate feelings so much. One day, they can lie straight in somebody's palm, controlling your every move, until they're gifted to another. 

The same thing happened with Timmy and Harry. I was so wrapped up with Timothée that I had failed to realise that he didn't feel the same back, that he was using me, that he really did mean that he just wanted to be friends with benefits.

When I met Harry however, everything changed. There was no longer the uncertainty, the fear that a moment would be ruined by the mention of wanting sex, I enjoyed the relationship based off of purely feelings. I think he felt the same too.

Now that I've experienced what I have with Harry, I don't think I could stand another situation like the one that Timmy and I had going on. It was fun while it lasted, but definitely not my type of thing long term.

I grab a water bottle from the mini fridge provided, knowing that the complementaries are payed for courtesy of the Calvin Klein establishment, and a small hand towel out of the bathroom cupboard.

Tying my shoelaces, I put my items on the floor and lose my keycard for a second. I do my fair share of cursing before I realise that I had it between my teeth the whole time.

Once I have everything ready to go, I give myself a quick look over in the mirror and head out to the gym. With it only being six in the morning, it was empty par a few people.

I take my pick on the machines, immediately making a bee line for the treadmill. I throw all my belongings to the side, put in my earphones and get to running.

I start off at an easy pace, not wanting to burn out too fast. My feet hit the moving belt melodically, and I hum along to the song I'm listening to quietly. The only people in here seemed to be men in their early fifties, probably getting in a bit of exercise before having to work their boring nine to five in the constraints of a suit.

Thinking of males in suits, the thought of my Father pops into my head. I haven't heard from him in a while, even though I had been trying to text and call him whenever I could.

My Mom on the other hand, has not stopped trying to contact me since I saw her last. Her incessant mood swings towards me are giving me whiplash.

The pure thought of the woman pushes me to put more effort into the run, turning up the speed on the treadmill. It's not long before I'm breaking into a sprint, sweat glistening on my skin. When I come to a halt, shaky breaths leaving my mouth, I see a brown haired, tall girl strut into the gym with a boy toying slowly behind her.

She looks strangely like me.

His face is covered by a huge hood, and the girl does not look happy about it in the slightest. She tries to tug it off of him, and he snaps at her like an upset dog. I watch as she tries to pull him into a kiss, though the man swerves her and she sighs. I can't but help listen in as they argue, call me nosey, but the unusual pair have peaked my interest.