CHAPTER 24

10 October 2017

New York City

Aurelie's POV

tw: mention of suicidal thoughts 

"I'm going crazy here in New York, I swear." I complain to Harry, watching as he laughs over facetime.

"Then join me on tour." he says like it's simple.

"You know that I can't, as much as I want to."

"I have an idea. You should get the dog pound or whoever's in charge of your training to create you a workout plan. There's gyms at all of the hotels anyway. And if they want to control diet, then let them do it. That way you'll be doing the same as you would have been in New York, but you can travel with me at the same time."

What he says makes sense, and there's no reason why I shouldn't be allowed to. Except from one tiny detail: Chris hates me. 

 "I'll suggest it, I don't have any shoots until a month today. I'm just here so that they can control me, basically."

Harry's not familiar with being tied down, and neither am I. But in the months before the Victoria's Secret show, I definitely am. I usually stay in New York, where the best gym is. That way I can receive top quality training.

He doesn't understand it. He's used to being on tour most of the time, and getting on planes to get wherever he wishes. I don't quite have the freedom right now.

"Please do, I miss you."

"I miss you too, but if I can't come and join you, then it'll be the 27th of November that I can next see you, the day before the show."

He's performing at the VS show. Chris put him up to auditioning, and of course he got the part. Harry was a little sceptical at first, claiming that he was scared of what the press would say about him, until Jeffrey stepped in and said that it would be good publicity.

Neither of us believe our managers, but we'll do whatever as long as it means we get to spend a bit of time together.

"Have you seen Timmy yet?" he asks after a short silence.

"Yeah, saw him this morning and going to his house tonight." I say, looking out of the window onto the filled streets below.

The hotel Chris had gotten me is right in the centre of New York, even though I protested against it and tried to get him to let me stay in Harry's apartment which is less close to the centre.

Timmy's had quite a rough year. He went to rehab for a few months due to drug abuse, and now he's been sober for six months. It's still a struggle for him everyday, so I visit while I can.

"How's he been doing?"

"He's been doing quite well recently. He even offered to host a party tonight."

"And that's why you're going to his?"

"Yeah."

"Just be careful, make sure he's safe too." Harry worries.

"I'll be fine."

He smiles sadly, nodding his head. "Anyway, back to tour. I'm in Paris in a fortnight, you could come then. Or you could join earlier if you'd like?" he smirks.

"I'll think about it." I tell him truthfully. I would love to be able to join earlier, but I don't think that Chris would be too keen on that.

There's a clattering sound on Harry's end, and he moves the camera so that it goes against his chest. Then, there's a girlish laugh. Harry's deep voice can be heard, but it's too muffled to work out what he's saying.