CHAPTER 23

20 September 2017

Los Angeles, California

Harry's POV

Mitch is sat quietly in the corner of the room, watching the pre-show chaos take place. The rest of the band are god knows where, the girls are probably being smart and warming up.

Mitch and I don't bother though.

Sighing, I reach for the TV remote and flick the screen on. There's absolutely no good shows on American channels.

I eventually give up and leave a gossip channel running, MTV I think? I play with the edges of my phone case, only half paying attention to the overly enthusiastic woman on screen.

"In today's news: an anonymous source has come forward and given us an insight into the relationship of America's sweetheart and the worlds heartthrob!" this should be interesting.

"From what we can tell, Harry Styles and Aurelie Laurent have been dating from December of 2015." not true. "But recently, a source has told us that pressure is growing between the pair. Apparently they have a very dysfunctional relationship, and rely on each other for pretty much everything."

"With Aurelie seemingly jetting off to New York and leaving Styles with an emotional goodbye," a video of us from last night plays on the side of the screen, backstage and preparing to be separated, "leaving him to continue his tour alone."

"Styles has a show in New York on the 28th, but Miss Laurent just can't seem to make time for him in her schedule as she travels to Italy for a break with her girlfriends!"

"Surely seeing your boyfriend is more important than a holiday? Anyway, the once unbreakable bond between the couple seems to be diminishing, what do you guys think?"

I think it's bullshit. I also think that it's strange how they know exactly where Aurelie's going and when.

She planned that holiday with Alice, Romee, Kaia, Kendall and the Hadid sisters long before she knew that she would have to miss my tour, and I told her to go. She deserves a break.

This source has been messing us about for about a year now, and we still have no idea who it is. It's someone close to us, that's for sure, but we have quite a lot of close friends.

It could be any of them.

I suggested Romee, and I got ordered to sleep on the couch for the night. The next day, she suggested that it was Nick Grimshaw of all people, and then she also was banished to sleeping on the couch.

We then had a large chat about how we shouldn't take offence blah blah blah...

Chris was our main suspect, but then I brought up the very valid point of why would he be putting out bad press of Aurelie when it's his job to help stop that from happening? It creates a lot of work for him and he always ends up fixing it somehow, so it couldn't be him. He doesn't have any reason except the fact that he has a very specific hatred for us.

Mitch stands up from his chair and stretches, frowning at the the television. "Who the fuck took that?" he refers to the video of us saying goodbye whilst squinting at the screen.

"I don't know. Nobody was allowed backstage last night, but could've been anyone. It's not like we kept it a secret that she was watching."

He laughs. "Only you guys could put on a show at a show."

I kick his shins as he walks past, "Watch it Mitch."

"Yeah, yeah." he rolls his eyes and disappears out of the door. The cheeky bastard.