CHAPTER 43

3rd January 2018

Barbados

Aurelie's POV

"Of course I'm looking for a legal loophole Ellie, I've spent my life searching for them." Alice informs me, clearly getting agitated. She told me that the best thing for Harry and I to do was to go about our life as seemingly normal to the public and the reactions online proved her correct.

"Well obviously, but I needed to check on it because I can't just breeze through the process. Just because we're friends, doesn't mean you're not my manager."

"I'm going to surf now before you can shout at me any more. Bye Aurelie." her one is snarky as she speaks to me, but I was expecting it one day.

Work partners clash more than friends do, especially in situations that are such high stakes. If I want things to get done, sometimes I have to treat her like my manager.

"That sounded tense." Harry adds from the bathroom, brushing his teeth.

"I hate Chris." I groan into my pillow, bashing my forehead in it and wanting to cry without giving him the satisfaction of hurting me.

"Be careful what you're saying, he could be listening." Harry says in a gloomy voice- his attempt to crack a joke. I pick up the pillow and chuck it at him.

"Too soon Harry. Too soon."

Still laughing, he jumps onto the bed beside me and drapes his arms over my stomach. "Showing yet?"

"Don't think so." I reply, sighing heavily. Though the doctors have told me that it's no cause for concern, my brain can't comprehend the fact that it's happening just because of how my body is, not because of a problem with it. As well as that, I feel bad for Harry, because he can't experience the pregnancy like I can, especially when there's no sign of a baby in the first place.

"No need to stress." he cradles me in his arms like I'm something delicate, as if he pities me and I hate it. "I know what will cheer you up." he bounces up from the bed and rifles through his suitcase which he is yet to unpack.

"Nail polish." he holds up his makeup bag like it's the answer to all of our problems, making me smile at his innocence. I love the fact that he has a makeup bag just for nail polish, even the crazy colours included.

"I've got blue, green, black, purple, pink, nude-" he carries on listing all of his colours.

"I can't really be bothered to be honest H, it's been a tiring twenty four hours." I hate to let him down, though I know for a fact that I'd end up either spilling the polish or have the polish everywhere but my actual nails. "Let me sleep some of this off."

"I'll paint them for you!" he suggests enthusiastically. I shake my head. "You need them painted, trust me." he continues to push.

"H, I just want to sleep."

"I'll let you sleep whilst I do it." he makes it clear that he's not giving up, continuing with his puppy dog eyes and charismatic smile. How could I turn him down?

"Fine."

So that's what he does. He gently places a pile of pillows behind my head and drapes a towel over the thin duvet to protect it from any spills. I close my eyes and let him get on with painting them. "I'm doing nude. Actually, maybe it's more of a champagne colour. It's classy."

"Mhm." I smile to myself, feeling the bristles of the brush touching the skin surrounding my cuticles more than the nail beds themselves. It makes me cringe.