CHAPTER 33

28 November 2017

Shanghai

Aurelie's POV

Rehearsals, rehearsals, crying, more rehearsals. That's all that my life has been for the last two days.

Excitement has started to die down now, and the nerves have started to kick in. All of us angels are being forced onto a coach to arrive at the venue together- apprehension buzzing around in the atmosphere.

Romee slides into the seat next to me, immediately taking ahold of my hand and bouncing it to keep me distracted. Her actions also stopped my leg from trembling too.

"How you feeling?" she asks me, her blue eyes flickering from person to person as she takes everything in.

"Felt a lot better." I say with honesty.

"Are you ready for all of this to end?"

"Yeah, definitely. I do love it for the minute that I'm up on the runway, but all of the stress beforehand doesn't even make it worth it anymore. Can't wait to have my own schedule." I start to get excited at the thought of being in control of my own life and emotions.

"You're selling it to me." she closes her eyes now, resting her head on my shoulder.

Harry walks past with Sarah and Mitch, and I have to try my hardest to look away from him. I haven't spoken to or seen him once since the breakup, even though Alice wanted us to get pictures together. I've not really spoken to her either.

Sarah smiles at me kindly, addressing me, whilst Harry storms ahead, pretending to be just as oblivious to me as I'm being to him.

The girls start chanting, raising their morales, but I join Romee in her resting and close my eyes too. Though I couldn't sleep because of the noise, the extra few minutes rest at six in the morning is greatly appreciated.

Harry's voice, which usually overpowers everyone elses, is nowhere to be heard. I can only guess that he's being silent, like me.

I overhear a few of the girls talking about how they can't wait for the after-party, and I'd completely forgotten about it. My designer, Charlotte, had picked out numerous outfits for me.

The thing that I'll probably miss the most about the job is the fact that you get gifted so many designer clothes to wear to events. Saying that, it will probably still carry on, as I've made bonds with most designers now.

I've already received hundreds of messages from companies stating about how they're 'extremely disappointed' to hear that I'm leaving the industry and that they 'hope that I reevaluate my choices'.

I can say for a fact that I will not be re-evaluating my choices.

"What food have you brought?" Romee asks me, reaching for my backpack.

"Everything that they recommend you don't take. Chips, chocolate, daily marmalade on toast. It's on toasted baguette today, so you're not having it. It's too fancy. You can have anything else though."

She rolls her eyes at me and tucks into the bag of hot cheetos that I bought yesterday, getting the toxic coloured powder all over her fingers and trying to wipe it on me.

I get my payback by pretending to feed her one and dropping it down her shirt, dyeing her fake tan a reddish colour around her boobs. "I'm going to be in so much trouble!" she laughs.

The thing that I love the most about Romee is that she never takes anything too seriously, unlike Alice. That's not to say that I don't love them both though.