you were my summer love

That dreadful sentence that I heard my mother say replays over and over again in my head like a broken record. Go home? That would mean leaving Harry behind, even though we were supposed to have our last 2 weeks together.

The world can be a cruel place sometimes. Just when things start to look up, the universe will take the good thing and a hammer, and completely break it to pieces. I may be being a little dramatic, but only having a few hours left with Harry is something that I'm not willing to accept.

"What on earth are you talking about? I'm staying here until next Friday, with Harry!" I snap at her. The poor boy looks like a deer under headlights- his eyes widening in what I can only assume is surprise as he looks between me and my Mom. 

He was aware of how good my Mother and I got along, so to be caught in one of our fights on one of the first days in meeting her must've been a surprise.

"Your management want you in Los Angeles Ellie, I know that you were looking forward to spending time with Harry but your career is more important than a boy" she replies spitefully, a very unusual manner for my Mother to speak in. She holds a cigarette between her fingers, tapping it lightly on the balcony as she exhales the smoke and squints at me, awaiting my reply.

 I contemplate grabbing a stick and smoking it myself, see how much she likes that. I'm sure it would calm me down at least. 

"You're kidding." Is all I have to say to her before getting up from the dinner table and storming off into my room. I can already hear her in my head calling me names for having a 'temper tantrum' or 'causing a scene' but I really don't care; I'm really fucking upset and as I should be. 

If I had been given the job after I got back from my holiday it would have been a whole different story, I would probably be crying in my bed from happiness, not from anger. I know that I shouldn't have gone off on my Mom like that, she has no control over it, I just needed someone to direct my anger towards.

I lie face down in the bedsheets, groaning and kicking my legs at the predicament that I'm currently in. Inviting Harry to LA could work, but for some reason I have a feeling that he may not want to travel all the way to Los Angeles with a girl that he's known for two weeks. 

I know that I wouldn't feel comfortable travelling all that way with Harry, as strong as my feelings are for him I have to be realistic.

There's a soft knock at the door, one which could only belong to Harry, since I'm assuming he's the only person who's not pissed off with how I left the table: even if he was the person it was going to affect the most. 

That's what I admire so much about Harry, he puts other peoples needs before his own most of the time without even thinking about it. Of course I don't like the fact that he's practically setting himself up for failure each time, I like the fact that he's so kind and loving.

"Come in." I shout back through my sniffles. Harry walks in sympathetically, immediately opening his arms for me to snuggle into them. Pulling him onto the bed, he nuzzles his mop of hair in the crook of my neck since he knows it tickles me. Usually I would find it hilarious, but I'm far too sad to giggle about it right now.

" 'S alright love." he finally speaks, causing me to whip my head towards his face and stare at him in pure bewilderment. He looks slightly alarmed at my reaction, his brows creasing and his movements halting as he catches the gaze of my puffy eyes.

"Nothing about this is 'alright' Harry!" I finally snap, "I'm going back to America! That means I won't be able to see you!" he looks at me, bewildered again, nodding as if he understands the importance of the situation.