CHAPTER 22

Please note the time gap! I know that it might be annoying having missed so long, but please stick with me- I promise that it's done for a reason :)

19 September 2017

San Francisco, California

Aurelie's POV

"You're positive that you can't stay any longer?" Romee queries, picking up a weight from the huge stack in the corner of the empty room.

"Absolutely positive. I've got to get back to New York so that I can train with William at the dog pound." I reply, desperately sipping on my water.

The infamous Victoria's Secret fashion show is approaching, and fast. 28th of November. My management decided that it would be smart for me to stay in New York until the show, so that I have time to focus my training without distractions.

I'm ninety nine percent sure that that was done so that I'm left all alone without my boyfriend. My management hate me. And Harry.

The 'dog pound' is a well known gym in the modelling industry, and people will pay no less than 50 dollars an hour to have a personal trainer. It's ridiculously expensive yet apparently completely necessary.

"And you're convinced that after tonight, your world is going to fall to pieces?" Romee mocks the words which I once told her. To be fair to me, it was straight after a panic attack and I was an emotional mess.

Tonight is the night that I've been dreading for six months, eight days, sixteen hours and counting. Not like I've been keeping track or anything. 

Harry's kicking off his tour, but after spending every possible moment together for the past 18 months, we're being separated after the show.

I'm extremely nervous, though I think we can handle the distance. We've handled the loss of a family member, the release of a self titled album, a drastic hair chop, the filming and release of an award winning movie, more paparazzi being interested in our pairing, hundreds of crying fits over numbers in food, and finally, our relationship lasting over a year.

I hope that we can handle the distance.

"That's correct. You don't need to be so condescending. I'm already upset about it as it is." I scowl, placing my water bottle back on the ground.

"Sorry, sorry." she apologises, widening her eyes and stepping back from the situation. I've been so on edge awaiting tonight, and everyone knows it.

At this point, the media think they know everything about mine and Harry's romance. They see us calling each other 'boyfriend' and 'girlfriend', they see us hugging and kissing in public, and if we don't do that for one single day, then there's tension in the relationship. We're breaking up. Harry's cheated on me or vice versa.

It's all so fucking exhausting. They've had their eyes especially peeled for any sign of any normal relationship mishaps taking place for around a month now. I wouldn't be surprised if they already had their articles picked out, ready for something big to happen.

'Harry Styles and Aurelie Laurent separating as she selfishly holds him back from going on tour!' has already been tried, so at least that one can't happen again. Thanks a lot 'the sun'. I appreciate it.

Chris is being as vague as ever, leaving me to enjoy my life for a few weeks before checking back in and making it hell again.

Even after the huge scandal at the awards show last year, which made front cover on practically every gossip magazine, he somehow kept his job.