CHAPTER 34

PRE WARNING: i'm currently camping and have written this on my phone so don't be surprised if the layout is all weird!

28 November 2017
Shanghai
Aurelie's POV

Harry's the first person to leave backstage, he rushes to get in place for his performance as he's not the walking on after a model this time.

Last minute touch ups start to happen, people fiddling with brass wings and adjusting crowns. The woman from earlier is now glued to my side: afraid of what leaving me alone will do.

The angelic opening vocals start, and I watch as Romee really starts to get in the zone. She towers over practically everybody else in her extra high heels and tall height anyway, and it adds to the drama of the situation.

She turns around again, giving me a nervous grimace. Her perfect blonde hair sways as she does so, a hairdresser rushing to check that not a single hair is out of place.

Harry starts to properly sing now, smiling to himself as he notices Romee making her grand entrance. I was offered the place that she has a few months ago, but I think I would probably either pass out or throw up infront of everyone from the nerves. Neither of those are ideal.

"Go Romee!" I shout, though I know she doesn't hear me. I watch on the screen as she sings with Harry, whistling along.

Girl after girl walk out, until it's my turn. Taking a deep breath, I quickly hug whoever approaches me (being too zoned out to notice who it is) and try to stop freaking out.

Sara waves at me from across the room, then holds up a small bottle of tequila. "Closer and closer to freedom!" she shouts, taking a swig.

"Save some for me!" I call back, easing up as I stroll away from the screen hiding me from the audience.

"Aurelie go!" the director shouts.

I feel like I'm floating as I'm hit by the sound of the crowd and the music gushing out of the speakers, my nerves practically being lifted. I raise my arms to show off the cape, people cheering as I do so.

When I look out at the crowd, I notice something. Rather someone. Chris.

I barely see him for a second before people are stepping in front of him, wanting to get a better view of the catwalk. My heart plummets further into my stomach as I try to get another glimpse of the man who I haven't seen for two or three weeks, being cautious not to be too invested in him that the camera's pick it up.

"She's gonna be an angel just you wait and see..." Harry sings, and my attention is brought back to the fashion show. I spot Romee on the other side of the runway, smirking at me. Damn Harry and his damn songs about me.

I shake my head at her, exchanging a private moment whilst being so exposed to the eyes of the world. Out of the corner of my eye, I spot Chris on the move again, talking to someone on his phone, winking when he notices me.