CHAPTER 45

fez & lexi made me love this song again. not sorry.

15th February 2018

London, England

Aurelie's POV

I've been staring at the box for the past six weeks. It's sat nicely on Harry's dresser, the lid propped open and that single, understated diamond staring right back at me. Every single day I've tried it on, admiring it and quickly placing it back in the box before Harry can notice that I'd moved it in the first place.

I don't think that he understands what that ring means to me, I've wanted this exact one since I was ten years old. Embarrassingly, I was one of the girls who planned their entire princess inspired lives at the age of ten. Pretty much everything that I decided then has changed now apart from this ring.

"You get to openly wear that today." Harry speaks from behind me, whispering in my ear and tightening my robe. I've definitely got a bump now, and he makes it his job to remind me of it every single day. I miss the days where I had a flat stomach, I took it for granted. When I didn't have to squeeze into my jeans, have to have my hair held back from my face due to morning sickness and those disgustingly tasty cravings all day long.

We had our mid pregnancy scan yesterday, and the nurse confirmed that everything was perfect. I don't want to jinx it, but everything's looking great. We had her put the gender in an envelope and we gave it to the decorations lady to work with.

"Everyones coming in two hours. Should I be wearing the ring or not?" I bite down on my nails, my nerves surrounding both of the reveals starting to rise.

"They're expecting a birthday party for me, I don't think they'll be searching your fingers for a ring. Put it on. And then you can stop hiding the fact that you've been trying it on for the past six weeks and trying to hide it from me." he smirks, kissing my cheek whilst hugging me from behind, using my bump as leverage to pull me closer.

"How on earth did you know about that?" I ask, my mouth gaping open and turning to him shocked.

"I cleaned it every night to make sure that there was no dust on it. The diamond changed directions every time and not by my doing." he laughs, messing up my hair.

"Hey! I've just had that done!" I complain, placing a protective hand on my head and scowling at the man who apparently finds the situation funny.

"Get dressed. Marcus will be here soon to do your makeup." he kisses me on my cheek for a final time before disappearing into his wardrobe.

I pick out a chunky turtleneck jumper dress and a huge bow to go in my hair. I can't remember the last time that I wore clothes even remotely fitted around friends or in public. It's refreshing to not have my body torn apart and fed to the press though.

"You look beautiful." he tells me, smiling whilst adjusting his many rings on his fingers. Mine are bare, as I decided to put it on after I've met Marcus. I don't want anyone knowing before my family.

"I feel like this doesn't hide the bump completely." I stare into the mirror, analysing the shape of my stomach. Harry nods. "It shows it the tiniest bit, but let it. I love it."

"I'm so happy we managed to get through this without leaking it to the press." I admit, proud of us. I know that it's only a matter of days before we go public with the recent events, though I'm glad that we get to announce it on our own terms.

"I genuinely didn't think we would be able to do it." he tells me with a glint in his eye. Everything feels perfect, like it's all slotting into place. Tate plods into the room, wagging his tail madly and barking.