CHAPTER 29

24 November 2017

Shanghai

Harry's POV

Well that's what we do! We fight! You tell me when I'm being an arrogant son of a bitch and I tell you when you're being a pain in the ass!

Which you are, 99% of the time.

"Sounds relatable." Aurelie says, eyes swimming with wonderment as she gazes from the TV to me, awaiting my reaction.

"You being a bitch ninety-nine percent of the time? Yes, yes it does." I counteract, and her hand stops stroking my hair and instead reaches for the ice-cream bowl.

"I was talking about you actually. You're a such a smartass."

"At least I'm not a dumbass." I reply. She rolls her cherry tainted lips inwards, trying to hold her tongue.

She has quite the spiteful tongue, but I secretly quite enjoy watching her freak out.

I secretly quite enjoy anything that she does, really.

I want you. I want all of you, forever. You and me. Everyday.

"Sounds relatable." I say this time, trying to get on her nerves.

My attempt proves unsuccessful when she instead turns bright red, hiding her face in the palms of her hands. "Aw, don't go all embarrassed on me now." I pry them away, "Let me see that beautiful face!"

"You're ever so flattering tonight, Mr Styles." she says formally, imitating my British accent.

"I don't even have to try, Miss Laurent. Isn't that right y'all? I'm from the valley!" I get carried away with faking an American accent, and she shakes her head.

Her messy ponytail that I put up for her bounces as she does so, a few auburn strands straying from the bunch and framing her perfectly sculpted face.

"I mean it. You're beautiful."

And I do mean it. I don't have the words in my vocabulary to even begin to explain how irresistibly beautiful I find her.

Not just on the outside, she has a wonderful soul too. One that's way too bright for me, one which puts me to shame.

Her aura is something beautiful too. She reminds me of the last glimpse of sunlight for the day; the last bit of sunshine in the sky.

Her vanilla scent wafts its way over to me, her chin resting on my stomach now that she's abandoned her cookie dough ice-cream.

"Tu es plus beau." she speaks to me in French without even realising it, something that she does when she's concentrating really hard on something.

"What's that head of yours thinking about?" I pull on the pieces of hair which fell previously, motioning for her to move so that I can put her hair up properly again.

I massage her scalp once I've removed the hair tie, and she sighs.

"Just thinking." she smiles.

"About what? Do enlighten me."

I watch as she peers back at the TV, eyes squinting as she takes in Allie's character.

What easy way? There is no easy way. No matter what I do somebody gets hurt.

"You." she laughs lightly.

I take my rings off, placing them on the bedside table so that I can massage her head better.

"What about me?"