Sunshine and Rainbows (Draco Malfoy)

A/N: What if the Slytherin Prince and Princess weren't as perfect as everyone thought?

Y/n POV:
As I sat at the Slytherin table during dinner with Pansy, Draco, Blaise and Theo talking and eating, I saw my owl come in.

"Were you expecting anything?" Pansy looks at me.

"No, and the post never comes during dinner." I looked confused. My owl landed in front of me with a letter in its mouth. I grabbed it and gave them a treat before they flew out.

"What does it say?" Blaise looked at me.

I opened the envelope and pulled out the letter. It wasn't a piece of parchment though, it was like a page from a book or journal. "This isn't a parchment, it's like a page of paper." I examined it. Shrugging I opened it anyway and started reading.

My friends look at me in shock as tears started to come down my face, my lip quivering.

"Y/n/n are you alright, what does it say?" Pansy looked at me with concern.

"Astoria's so lovely." I read out. Instantly everyone in the hall stopped and looked at us. I heard Draco take in a sharp breath before I continued. "Astoria, my girl. I love her, I love her, I love her."

"Y/n..." Draco whispered.

"Who wrote it?" Blaise looked at me.

"Draco Lucius Malfoy." I looked up at them. Draco and I had been dating for the past year and a half, the two of us were in love.

"Y/n, please." Draco pleaded.

"Don't." Pansy said sternly at him.

"Come on darling, let's get back to the common room." Theo helped me stood up, I instantly collapsed into his arms. Blaise came on the other side and help Theo stand me up and bring me to the common room.

3rd POV:
As Pansy watched Blaise and Theo carry her broken best friend back to the common room, she turned towards Draco.

"Hallway now." She said before storming out of the hall. Draco sighed before getting up and following her. The Great Hall was invested of the situation unraveling. The perfect couple wasn't so perfect as everyone seemed.

"Pansy..." Draco started as he reached her.

"You don't get to talk, no after what just happened." She stopped him. "What the hell is wrong with you. Y/n was utterly and completely in love with you and you do that. I get that you have your fair share of problems but I never thought you would do something like that. Do you know how hard it was for you two to be in a relationship. Y/n would constantly come me and say that she wasn't good enough for you and you would leave her for someone else, but I always assured her that you loved her and wouldn't ruin the most important thing in your life. Look where we are, you did exactly what she thought you would never do. You disgust me."

Draco didn't know what to say, Pansy was right. He ruined the only good thing in his life. There was no way he could ever fix this situation. Whenever the two got into arguments, Draco would send her gifts until she forgave him. No gift could fix this.

Pansy left Draco standing in the hallway as she returned to the common room, to see the broken girl crying in the arms of Blaise and Theo.

"Come on love, let's bring you upstairs." She said sweetly. Blaise and Theo once again helped her up the stairs with Pansy trailing along. Once in the safety of their dorm room, Y/n continued to cry. No one said sneer remarks, just sitting next to her and letting it out.

"Was I a bad girlfriend, did I do something wrong?" Y/n asked her three friends.

"Of course not, you were the best." Blaise assured.

"I knew this would happen. Dating Draco was never easy." Y/n said mostly to herself. "Now that I think of it, it was quite toxic. He would manipulate me into doing things I never wanted. But I was naive and so in love I put up with it."

"Why didn't you tell us that, we're your best friends." Theo asked.

"He told me he would tell everyone I was the daughter of the Dark Lord." It was true. Y/n Riddle or Y/n L/n, daughter of the most evil wizard. Her friends knew but didn't take it to heart knowing she was nothing like him.

"I'm going to hex him so hard." Pansy started before she got off.

"Don't, let him be with Astoria. If he wants her that bad, let him have her, because the next thing you know, Astoria will be crying her eyes out, begging for Draco to come back." Y/n retorted. "It's not a luxury dating him, it's a burden."

As the night went on Y/n cried more and more before realizing she was free of her once manipulative relationship. The next morning she woke up bright and early, getting ready as she usually did. Combing through her knotty hair, applying an extra layer of mascara and lip gloss before walking arm and arm with Pansy to the Great Hall.

Everyone seemed shock to see the Princess as herself, bright and happy while Draco sat at the Slytherin table with bags under his eyes and hair all over the place.

Unlinking arms with Pansy, Y/n made her way towards Astoria and her group of friends. The Great Hall once again stopped looked at scene. Y/n leaned forward towards and whispered in her ear so no one else could her. "You may thing dating Draco is all sunshine and rainbows, but once he rips out your heart and stomps on it, don't come crying to me. I already gave you a warning."

"Have a good day." She said to the group before rejoining Pansy, Blaise and Theo.

"What did you say to her?" Blaise looked Y/n who started to spread butter and jam on her toast.

"Something I wish someone told me before I dated Draco." And with that she took a bite of her toast.

———