Sugar Mommy (George Weasley)

A/N: Y/n Burke didn't grow up with love, she grew up with presents, so when she and George Weasley start dating, she shows her affection in gifts.

2nd POV:
You didn't remember when the name calling started. It may have been a month or two into your relationship. Fred was the first to call you his sugar mommy. There were always gifts, chocolate, broom supplies, unreleased products from Zonkos, even a new broom itself. It made you happy and it made him happy. Yes there were times that George felt insecure that couldn't provide the affection you gave him but you were fine with it. You had someone care for you.

Most of his siblings, didn't like you very much. You came from a pureblood family that believed in blood supremacy and your family owned a store in Knockturn Alley that supported the dark lord. They thought you were dating him because of  some dare or get information, because they would never believe you would date a 'blood traitor'. Fred was the first to accept you, he knew that you made George happy. He could see him smiling a bit longer, the loving eyes he gave you, and if someone made his brother happy, he was happy.

You practically bouncing off the walls when you made your way towards the Great Hall. You looked down at the ring box and you were grinning. The first ring you gave George was a hematite ring, matching for the both of you. You were in love with the sight of the ring on his ring finger, but after it broke before a quidditch match, you were in search to find a replacement, one that wouldn't break. So after about 2 months of searching, you found this beautiful onyx band that was purple in the inside, and a purple line growing through the middle of the band.

"I have a surprise for you." You whispered into his ear when you walked toward him and his siblings.

"Yeah?" He smiled scooting over so you could sit down next to him.

"Open." You placed the bag in front of him. He pulled out the tissue paper and picked up the box. He froze for a second but opened it up to see the ring. "I know how much you liked the hematite ring so I've been looking for a replacement, one that won't break. And it's purple, our color."

"Oh love." George smiled. He was speechless, he adored it. "It's perfect, I love you."

Those eight letters, the ones you couldn't say back. It wasn't that you weren't in love, you loved him more than you loved anything in your life, but it was hard communicating that. You both knew it. You always bottled up your emotions but when George came along, you started to tell him about your childhood, how touched starved you were, how you didn't know how it felt to love someone. He understood how hard it was for you to express emotions, so a lot of the times, the two of you would sit in silence in the bed until you were ready to talk.

"I don't understand how you can give him a ring, but can't say 'I love you' back?" Ginny asked in a not so pleasant tone. She was the hardest out of his siblings to please. George had told you about how she was protective of her older brothers, she just didn't want to see them get hurt.

"Ginny!" Ron exclaimed. With Ron it was a sort of love-hate friendship, he didn't like that you were a Slytherin and friends with the ones that used to talk about his family, but he knew that you loved George, you made him happy and he made you happy.

"What, I'm just saying what we're all thinking. All she does is buy him gifts and doesn't show like any emotion, she's probably manipulating him." Ginny continued. You felt numb, numb to the fact that she couldn't understand that you loved George, but you just showed them in actions not words.

Yes gifts and spoiling him was a big part of your relationship, but there were more intimate moments. You were the person George would come too when he wasn't at his best, you sat through his explanations of the joke shop he and Fred wanted to start. The way his eyes lit up when he talked about all the products he wanted to make. You knew his order at Three Broomsticks; a butterbeer and a cauldron cake that the two of you share.

"I don't need three words from her to know she's in love with me. Her actions speak more than words." George stuck up for you. You mentally smiled at the confession. "C'mon darling, let's go." He gave you his hand and you grabbed it, him leading you to the Gryffindor common room, probably towards his room. Once the two of you made it there, you went to sit down at his bed, your head tilted down slightly to look the floor. George must of knew how vulnerable you felt at his moment, so he walked over, sitting down next to you wrapping an arm around your shoulders.

"You can't take what she says to heart, she just doesn't understand." George said quietly kissing the top of your head.

"She's right though." You said barely above whisper, quiet but still loud enough for him to hear. "You say that you love me all the time and we've been together for almost two years and I haven't even said it once. I know I may be doing just for my benefit, but words are hard for me. Telling someone how you truly feel, bringing your self out there with no protection. I didn't have the perfect childhood, my mother died when I was a baby and my father just showered me in gifts hoping that would cover the fact he was a shit father."

"And I know if I do say it, you would say it back and you would be happy. But there is always that lingering thought in the back of my head, that one day you won't feel the same way that I feel about you or some new person will walk into your life and you would like them more than me. Love is scary. I'm afraid that one day, you'll look in the mirror and see yourself the way I see you. This confidant, outgoing, yet still loving and think that I'm enough of you. I'm afraid you'll leave." You finished.

"I would never leave." He croaked. You looked up to see George with tears running down his cheeks. "You are the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I never want to let you go, you want you to be with me forever." He removed his arm from you, cupping your face and bring it up to meet his lips. This was a kiss the two of you never got to experience that much, it was slow, but full of passion.

After pulling away for air, he left his hands on you cheeks, caressing your right one with his thumb.

"I-I." You started to say.

"Hey, it's alright." George said. "You don't need to say it now, because you feel obligated, I would rather wait years for the perfect moment for you instead of one right now."

You felt eyes start to water. "I adore you."

"And I adore you too." He kissed the top of your head, wrapping his arms around you, your head laying on his chest, while he rested his head on top of yours.

———