Chicken (Harry Potter)

A/N: Soulmate AU where you and your get matching tattoos. You are in Gryffindor, same year as the trio

Y/n POV:
"Wake up!" I heard someone yell in my ear. I screamed and fell off my bed from the noise.

"What the fuck!" I yelled at Hermione and Ginny, they knew never to wake me up.

"It's your birthday, you get your soulmate tattoo!" The two started jumping up and down. I didn't get as worked up with the soulmate tattoos, I think's it cool I get to find the person I get to spend the rest of my time with.

I scanned my forearms to see my tattoo, majority of tattoos are formed there, but they were empty. I shrugged and started to get ready. As I pulled off my shirt, I heard Ginny and Hermione gasp from behind me.

"What?" I looked at them.

"Your back!" Ginny exclaimed. I turned my back to the mirror and looked over my shoulder to see a dragon going down my spine.

"Holy shit!" I said in awe. It was beautiful, I was always fascinated by dragons and wanted to work with them when I was older.

"It's beautiful." Hermione commented.

"This is going to be a pain." I muttered. "How am I suppose to find my soulmate, go up to every boy and ask if I can see their back?"

"Maybe you find him at your birthday party later?" Ginny tried to lighten the mood. My friends decided that we should go to the Room of Requirement and have a pool party.

"Maybe, but come on, let's go to breakfast." We got dressed and walked down to the Great Hall.

"There's the birthday girl!" Fred and George cheered as I sat down.

"Thank you boys." I smiled.

"So did you get your tattoo?" Fred whispered. I nodded.

"You can see it later." I winked. The two of us were quite flirty with each other but I knew he wasn't my soulmate, he got his tattoo two years ago, matching with a sweet Hufflepuff girl.

"Harry, you might find your soulmate tonight." Ron tried to cheer him up. Harry got his soulmate tattoo 3 months ago and still hasn't found her.

"Don't worry Harry, you'll find her." I smiled.

"Is there going to be food tonight?" Ron looked at Hermione, Ginny and I .

"Yes Ron, there will be food." I laughed. If it could happen, his soulmate would be chicken, but him and Hermione are soulmates and are absolutely adorable, and Ginny's is Luna.

***

As I put on my swimsuit and cover up, Ginny, Hermione and I made our way to seventh floor.

Once the doors appeared we walked in to see the room transformed. There was a pool in the center, drinks and food scattered everywhere, music was blasting from the speakers.

"You boys outdid yourself." I looked at twins, they made me assign them to create this party.

"Only the best for you." Fred hugged me.

"Happy birthday Y/n." Dahlia, Fred's soulmate said.

"Thank you, D." I smiled. The began close due to Fred and now we're like sisters.

"Did you get your soulmate tattoo?" She asked.

"I did." I took off my cover up and turned around to show her my tattoo.

"Wow." She replied. "I love it."

"Thanks." I put back on my cover up. "It's going to be hard to find my soulmate, but let's hope he's here."

"I will cheers to that." She handed me a cup.

"Y/n, Y/n!" Ginny came running over. "You have to come swim with me."

"Alright, I'll see you Dahlia." I said goodbye before joining Ginny.

"You boys not going in?" I looked at Harry, Ron, Neville, Seamus and Dean.

"We're waiting for Ron to finish eating." Dean said, I looked over to Ron who had two plates of food.

"Alright then." I laughed. I went to the chair next to Ginny before taking off my cover up and walking over to her and Hermione.

"On 3?" Hermione looked at us.

3rd POV:
"Merlin!" Seamus exclaimed, the boys looked at him.

"You alright Seamus?" Dean looked concerned.

"Look at Y/n." They all turned to see her talking to Ginny.

"What about it?" Harry asked.

"Just wait until she turns around." He continued.

They all looked before she turned our backs to them. Going down her spine was black dragon tattoo, the same on that is on Harry's back. He stopped and stared at her, not hearing the calls he got.

"Harry." Neville pushed my arm.

"She's my soulmate." Harry whispered.

"Well what are you waiting for." Seamus smiled. "Go to her."

He stood up, taking off his t-shirt before jumping into the pool.

"Harry." Y/n smiled as she saw him.

"Hi." Harry whispered getting nervous.

"Come on, we're playing chicken."

Unknown to the two, everyone seemed to notice the two having identical tattoos on their back

As the game started, Ginny was on Hermione's shoulders while Y/n was on Harry's. The four continued to play for a few rounds, which Y/n and Harry had won. On the fourth round, Ginny was able to push Y/n off Harry's shoulders sending her into the water.

As Y/n collided with the water, she opened her to eyes and they immediately widened. On the back to Harry Potter, there was a dragon going down his spine.

She stayed there looking at it, because coming up to the surface. Y/n just kept looking at him not taking her eyes off him.

"Harry." She whispered, he turned around and looked concerned about her.

"Is everything alright?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Do you have a dragon on your back?" She asked.

"I do, it's my soulmate tattoo." He blushed.

The two continued to stare at each other while Y/n had a small smile on her face, Harry a bit pink and still confused.

"Promise me you won't freak out, what I'm about to show you." Y/n said. Before Harry could answer, she turned around to show him her dragon tattoo.

"Holy shit." Harry muttered. "We're soulmates."

"Yes we are." Y/n wrapped her arms around his neck, while Harry wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Kiss. Kiss. Kiss." Everyone chanted looking at the couple.

"Got to give the people what they want." Y/n whispered before placing her lips on his.

———
please vote and comment, thank you for all the support!