Chapter Eight

Four pair of feet and a heavy thud of a cane was the only sound in the corridor, their individual feet echoing loudly in each class they passed. Beside the squeaking of shoes no words were spoken or exchanged. Emma and Ruby held their heads down, feeling embarrassed about their recent animal like fight being seen by everybody, neither girl would look upon the other, still feeling the red pulse of anger in their bodies and the sharp stab of betrayal.

Emma peered behind her, catching a glimpse of Regina, would had silently volunteered to chaperon the girls to Principle Golds office after the headteacher had thunderously screeched at the commotion. Regina held a icy cold stare, clearly angry at her students behavior. Emma gulped, she had been wanting this for ages but now it was happening she felt bile fill up in her throat and she had a horrible sinking feeling in her stomach, admittedly worse because Miss Mills looked absolutely terrifying and her best friend had betrayed her.

Principle Gold ushered them into his dark leachy office, still without uttering a single word. Emma and Ruby was sat in identical chairs with Miss Mills in between both of them, Mr. Gold however resumed his business behind his desk, opposite the three, choosing to ignore them all.

Emma began to chew her nails, trying to stop words from spilling out her mouth. Truth be told Emma was getting more irritated the longer the Principle ignored them and no matter how many times she looked at Regina she wasn't gifted with any form of acknowledgment from her. At long last Mr. Gold looked up, his eyes sharp and cold, completely terrifying, seemingly penetrating Emma and Ruby's soul.

"Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic, fighting in the hallways like animals." Mr. Gold spat.

He looked at Emma "Some more animal like than others obviously. You've cause me a great deal of trouble Miss Swan, you've been missing since yesterday according to social services and then you bring your aggressive caged animal behavior into MY school and try to injure another."

"And Miss Lucas, I expected better. Didn't your parents teach you basic manners? Oh wait.." He grinned deviously at his dead parents remark.

Mr. Gold stood, yanking his cane and limping to the window near Ruby. Emma huffed this silent game was getting old quickly and she had far more pressing matters to deal with. 

"Miss Lucas seen as this is one of your first offences, you will have a two day exclusion, and you will make sure to attend detention everyday with me for three weeks, is that clear?" Mr. Gold hummed in a sing song manner.

"Yes sir." 

"Good, now leave, collect your things and leave the premises. And tell your Grandmother to teach you some manners too." Mr. Gold demanded as Ruby delicately got up and left the room without so much as a glance to Emma.

"Miss Swan, Now what shall we do with you dearie?" He leered almost dangerously at Emma.

Emma shrugged.

"Let's make a deal, two week expulsion from school and you become a teachers aid for Miss Mills as payment for your disruption however this is your one and only chance. After this your gone dearie."

"Okay, I can do that." Emma agreed, wishing she could just kick that cane right out under his weight. 

"Hm we'll see, now make your way back to class with Miss Mills, get your things and meet your social worker at the front entrance." Mr. Gold smirked, in a impish way, making both Emma and Regina's skin crawl. 

The two women left, falling back into silence as they walked side by side to Regina's classroom.

"I'm sorry Regina." Emma quietly gulped. Regina pointedly stared at her, shook her head and resumed her journey.