Chapter Thirteen

Emma sat feeling uncomfortable at her desk as the united three laughed and told anecdotal memories, that made Emma want to barf. Truth be told Emma was still very much dazed about the familiar face appearing back in her life. Robin, Emma whispered his name, Ingrid had never formally introduced him to the foster home kids, they had just turned up from school one day and he was there, acting as if he had always been there. 

Emma vividly remembered how he lurched at all the kids, Henry had been terrified and scurried of to his room with Peter, leaving Emma to the rough prowl of the uncaged animal. Emma hadn't questioned his presence at first, in fact she had just outright ignored him, maybe that's why he had chosen her to take his violent aggression out on. Ingrid had never stopped him, she hadn't even peeped a word, completely believing the lies and love that he had professed to her.

And now he was here, despite leaving Ingrid, he was still here. Emma suddenly remembered how Regina's sister had said that Robin had found her, so that's why he was here for Regina. Emma laughed out loud, capturing all the adults in the room, even as they all confusedly looked at her, she continued to cackle away. Ingrid had been his booty call, nothing else and he was cheating on Regina's sister, the whole situation made her laugh.

Emma laughed, a wide smile on her face as she did, disregarding the deep rooted fear that usually held a tight grip, her nightmares and the wasted time she had spent on Robin resurfacing all the times he had hurt her or Henry.

"Regina, I'm going." Emma continued to laugh, Regina, Robin and Zelena held complete confusion on their faces at Emma's laughing outburst.

"You don't have to go, I'm sorry Emma, I've been completely unprofessional, Zelena, Robin you both need to go. I'll catch up with you later to discuss Mother." Regina apologized, feeling guilty at her complete ignorance of the young blond.

Emma shook her head, however it was completely ignored, she watched as Zelena nodded her understanding and got up to leave, followed by Robin.

The two sisters hugged, whilst Robin impatiently stood near the door, his anger filled eyes burning holes into Emma's head. Regina stepped backwards, glancing at the young blond feeling slightly concerned at the well hidden look of fear that laid upon her face.

"Well, it was lovely catching up with you both. Do send my kind disregards to Mother. I won't be returning to her clutches any time soon." Regina boldly announced a firm confirmation echoing in her declaration. 

"Ooh I do love this fiery side of you Little sis." Zelena smirked widly, before making a swift exit with Robin hot on her heel.

The door shut and Emma visibly deflated, letting out a sigh of relief as she did, which didn't go unnoticed by the all seeing teacher. Emma looked at the clock, she had 20 minutes till her next lesson and regardless that she was with the beautiful brunette she longed for the time to quickly pass by so she could make a swift escape from the condiments of the classroom which consequently held the memories that Robin had brought with him.

"Are you alright dear?" Regina worriedly asked, watching as Emma stared at the clock on the wall.

Emma removed her green beady eyes from the clock and looked at her teacher, "I'm fine, why wouldn't I be?" 

"Well you've been staring at the clock for the past five minutes and not to mention your suspiciously quiet."

"Your seeing things." Emma huffed, rolling her eyes and shrugging.

Regina stood up from her seat, the call to comfort Emma overpowering her sense of formality with her student. She petitely walked to Emma, gently taking the blond girl's pale hands and holding them in her own.

"I know I haven't been around much," Regina began.

"You mean you've blantly been ignoring me." Emma interrupted.

Regina held a look of guilt on her face, her hands still tightly grasping Emma's. "Yes well, I need you to Know that I am here for you. You can tell me anything."

"No I can't Regina." Emma sighed looking down, feeling as though Regina wasn't going to let her go unless she gave her some form of answer for her unusual behaviour.

"Don't say that. I want to be there for you." Regina argued, wanting to so desperately help Emma.

Emma pulled her hands away, the shock filled tingles overwhelming her. Emma knew that she need to come up with an answer to fill Regina's curiosity. That's when the words just slipped out her mouth before she had anytime to process the damage she was undoubtedly causing.

"This poem." Emma moved to the front of the class near the board which held the previously written poem. "It makes me think of you, how I see you, How I want you, and  how I'm beginning to feel about you."

Regina opened her mouth to speak but no words came out, her lips squeezed tightly shut. 

"Regina, Your my teacher and this beautiful, amazing put together woman and I'm me, this isn't me asking you to declare that you feel the same, because we both know that's far from the truth however I'm telling you this so you understand that you can't just come to my house and whisper in my ear because nothing will stop me from kissing you. And I really need you in my life Regina." Emma smiled, before grabbing her bag and leaving the classroom.

It was second period, Emma had been early to Science, sitting in the back of the class in hopes to avoid any further conversations with unwanted classmates.

Killian appeared through the door, spotting Emma he held a huge smile on his face and made his way over, sitting down next to Emma and pulling out a notepad and pen.

"Hi Emma." Killian smiled. Emma suddenly felt a small shred of guilt at his clear attraction for her.

"Hello Killian, You okay?" Emma hummed trying to remain as friendly and impassive as possible.

"I'm good, I was actually wondering if you wanted to go out with my tonight to the movies?" 

"Killian, I'm just going to be honest with you now. I'm gay, I kissed you to piss the teachers off and I'm sorry I did that too you." Emma looked down at her hands, feeling slightly ashamed.

Killian burst out laughing, causing Emma to whip her head up to Killian's obtrusively loud voice.

"Swan, I know your gay. Do i think your hot as hell? Yes. However I respect your sexuality and I'm certainly not going to attempt to seduce you not that I don't think I couldn't do it. Because babe I am very charming." 

This time Emma burst out laughing, all this time she had believed Killian was just some simple low life who had wanted to have a piece of the blond. 

"Very well, Thank you Killian. Your a cool dude." Emma smiled widely at the emo boy and nudged him with her shoulder jokingly.

"Movies tonight then?" Killian repeated.

"As much as I want to my foster parents want to have dinner with me" Emma truthly revealed, despite hating people know about her life she for some reason trusted Killian not to spread it around.

" No probs Swan, another time. M'lady." 

Class quickly passed, whilst Emma wrote as much as she could in attempts to catch up at the previous lessons she had missed. 

A/N- Hi guys, sorry it's a short chapter. Life has been kinda crazy at the minute. But I'm back and hoping to get some writer's inspiration. Leave any comments or ideas as I really appreciate the feedback and It helps me to write a story that you guys can have input in.