Chapter Nineteen

Emma had forgiven her, she had said so herself, and she had meant it. But now it was Monday and the dinner party had been yesterday, her forgiveness had been yesterday and now she had school. Emma looked over herself with a watchful eye, she looked tired. Tired from her feelings, tired from her life without Henry, tired without Regina being there for her.

"Emma, Breakfast is ready." MM's voice shouted upstairs.

Following the sweet smell of bacon, eggs and sausages, Emma appeared down stairs and was greeted with two overly smiling faces. 

"Morning." Emma grumbled, not being the morning person her foster parents where.

The couple laughed and then all three sat down munching happily on the variety of food before them. Emma exchanged conversation with them, discussing Henry and hopefully when the next case would be and how it's progressing. Emma was happy to learn that it was going really well and that the case was currently high priority.

After breakfast, as normal, MM and Emma left first both having to leave to get to school on time. Just as they walked down the drive, MM's phone nosily blared out making Emma's head hurt. 

"Hello... Oh dear that's not good... I mean I can try.. Yes of course I'll be there within ten minutes or less." MM's voice became tense and then she finally turned the phone off and looked at Emma with an apologetic expression upon her face.

"I am so sorry Emma, I can't drive you to school. There's been an issue at school and I need to get there straight away." MM huffed, still feeling guilty.

"It's alright I can walk." Just as the words came out Emma's mouth, Regina appeared coming out her door and accidentally alerting her presence to MM and Emma.

MM smiled at Regina, giving her a small wave. Before hugging Emma and leaving her cheek with a light peak. MM then jumped into the car, leaving Emma on the driveway. Emma slotted her ear phones in, giving a small smile to Regina and then began the journey to school.

Regina spotted the blonde walking her way to school and assumed that MM had a school emergency as normally she saw the pair drive to school together. Without meaning to Regina quickly got in her own black Mercedes and drove out, her eyes already in search for the blonde girl. Once Regina spotted her not far from their houses, she pulled up to the curb on side of Emma, the car window already down and called out Emma.

The younger girl stopped and walked up to the sleek car, pulling out her earphones and leaning in the car window. A smirk on her face.

"Morning, would you like a lift to school?" Regina asked suspecting Emma would accept if the smile on her face was any indicator.

Emma leaned further into the car, "No thanks, I don't think that would be appropriate." 

And then she was gone, leaving Regina slightly jaw slacked. Asking a student wouldn't necessarily seem problematic but Emma was certainly right that it wasn't appropriate especially because that last time she had given Emma a lift in the car they had undeniable kissed in such a way that was so inappropriate it felt like a crime.

Taking a minute to compose herself, Regina watched as the blonde's figure get smaller and smaller in the distance and then she finally resumed her journey. Taking a different route in order to avoid the challenge which was Emma Swan. 

Emma arrived at school on time, ignoring the still lurking looks she was receiving. She made her way into school, whilst walking in she was given a new timetable by Principle Gold's receptionist who had called her out. Looking over it she realised that Gold had purposefully changed certain lessons that she normally had into an aiding period which would be for Regina. From the look of it her aiding period was only 1st period every day. Gold had also meaningfully added her detention in a taunt  to remind her of the deal they had made and a warning.