Chapter Fourteen

School had finished as quickly as it had begun, Emma made her way to the school entrance along with the dozen of other kids scrambling to leave school as quickly as possible. 

Emma stepped into the sun, moving away from the ever growing herd and pulled her phone out.

Emma: Hi MM, thought I'd let you know I'm gonna be late home, I have to tutor some younger years, See u Later x

Emma sent the message, using the lie that Regina had originally used on Ingrid, not wanting to tell MM and David she had two term detention everyday. 

MM: Okay sweetie, no problem. Give me a message and I can pick you up. Especially if it's dark or raining xx

Emma smiled at the reply, feeling slightly overwhelmed at the unstoppable care that she was receiving from both her foster parents. Emma made her way down to the bleachers, where Ruby had asked to meet her. Despite not wanting to go, Emma figured she needed to see Ruby, after all she did miss the lanky brunette, even if she wouldn't admit it to herself.

Under the bleachers, Emma waited, unable to stop the impatient thoughts racing through her head. Emma chewed on her nails, a nervous trait she'd never really grown out of from being a kid.

"You shouldn't bite your nails Em" A voice declared behind her, Emma instantly recognising Ruby's comfortably familiar voice. The pair looked at one another, both standing as solid as statues, neither knowing what to say or do.

Emma let out a soft gasp and the two surged forward meeting in an physically awkward hug.

Both rushed out to speak at the same time, resulting in the young pair giggling at the in sync rhythm.

"I'm so sorry Emma, I haven't been a good bestfriend. I let you down, I've been so selfish and I'm sorry Emma." Ruby hurried out, a small tear springing from her soft brown eyes.

"No Ruby, You just wanted to protect me. I should have understood that. I'm sorry for not telling you I kissed Belle, and then well, telling you."

The pair pulled apart both having happy tearful expressions.

"I've missed you Emma. I have no clue what's going on with you." Ruby huffed, clear anger indicated at herself.

Emma held Ruby's hand, "I moved in with Hen's teacher, I mean she and her husband are my foster parents. Their super nice I I didn't think I'd ever have a happy family again." Emma looked down feeling embarrassed at her admission.

"And Henry?" Ruby passively asked, trying to be as soft as possible about the subject.

"He's not with me but MM is working on getting him home with us." 

Ruby smiled widely at the words spoken, The two hugged again.

"Oh My fucking God Ruby." Emma remembered, her heart thudding violently.

"What?" Ruby rushed out.

"Earlier on I fucking told my teacher I wanted her." Emma shouted, watching as her bestfriend broke out in a small smirk that she was clearly trying hard to stop.

"And now I have detention with her." 

Emma grabbed Ruby pulling her from under the bleachers and internally freaking out as her friend began to laugh.

"This isn't funny." Emma pointedly looked at Ruby.

Ruby laughed again, slightly louder than before, "So you do fancy her then."

Emma punched Ruby in the arm, strolling away and waving behind as she did.

"Bye and Love you too Em" Ruby shouted over the distance that Emma was making as she made her way to school for detention with her recently admitted crush.

Among entering the quiet corridors of school, Emma plugged her ear phones in, needing a simple distraction in a futile attempt to calm her beating heart. Music pounded in her eyes and she instantly felt the tension filling out her body.

Before she knew it, Emma had arrived outside Regina's class. She gulped and rattled her knuckle on the door, soon after the door was swiftly opened and Regina appeared a clearly uncomfortable look on her face. Emma noticed Regina had her coat on, bag in her hand and car keys tangling from her slender fingers.

"Oh Emma, I apologise but I can't stay behind today." Regina stuttered out, PING, Emma's lie detector went off and Emma frowned, the words stinging her heart.

"Okay." Emma replied, turning on her heel and leaving the brunette slightly dumbfound at Emma's agreement, which she clearly had not been expecting.

Emma reached in her pocket and remained listening to her music that she previously had on. Outside Emma took a deep breath and began to walk home, refusing to look behind to see if Regina was following or not.

Down the road, Emma shivered as cold drops of thick rain dropped from the sky, and with each step it got heavier and heavier until Emma felt the ice water seep through her clothes and soak her beautiful curls.

With the music still throbbing in her eyes, Emma failed to hear the tires screech beside her. Only noticing the black Mercedes as it drove beside her and Regina's head popped out the unwinding window. 

"Quick Emma, Jump in the car." Regina bellowed, trying to allow Emma to hear over the tumbling rain and music.

Emma yanked her ear phones out, "No thanks, I wouldn't want to interrupt the plans you have." 

Emma walked faster, her ears once again filled with music. When the car was no longer driving next to her, Emma simply assumed that Regina had finally let her be. However shortly after she was pulled to stop by her goose bump filled arm.

Regina stood in front of Emma, quickly reaching for Emma's ear phones and softly removing them.

"Get in the damn car. For Christ sake stop acting like a child." Regina yelled, her lips snivelling attractively at Emma.

"Me the child? I haven't been actively avoiding you and making up excuses." Emma scoffed, inching closer to Regina.

"Don't pull that card, I didn't just drop a bomb shell, a very inappropriate bomb shell on you and then leave." Regina argued back, stepping closer challenging the young blond.

"Oh please, Don't pretend that you had no idea. Me and You both know I haven't hid my attraction for you." The pair inched closer again, their noses inches apart from one another.

"I'm your teacher. Why can't you understand that this is inappropriate?" Regina huffed.

"Then act appropriate." Emma announced, before the two lurched forward their lips fusing together passionately, both scrambling to gain dominance over one another. Tongues furiously explored one another's mouths, moans spilling from the pair, intensifying the ever growing passion. Hands pulled, and grasped at hips. 

Eventually both pulled apart, their breaths deep and shallow, begging for air. 

"That's how you want to act appropriately?" Emma huffed out, still breathless from their heated kiss.

"Yes." Their lips met again, softer this time. Less furiously but their was still a slight urgency on each woman's mind. Tanned fingers tangled in Emma's drenched hair, softly clawing at Emma's scalp. Emma's hands grasped Regina's scrumptiously curvy hips drawing her closer and closer until their bodies touched.

Emma apologizingly pulled back, and her green eyes peered around the empty street, feeling slightly dizzy from the kiss and from the possibility of having been caught kissing in public by someone.

"Maybe you'd now like to get in the car." Regina laughed, her words whispered seductively into Emma's ears before gently nibbling the blonds ear and pulling back.

"Yeah, let's do that." Emma smiled, her cheeks reddening by the effects of her teacher voice which oozed with sexual tension.

The rain remained pouring heavily as Emma and Regina rushed to get into the car. Once both where in the car, Regina blasted heat on the car before swiftly driving down the road, a glorious smile laid upon her face.