Chapter Sixteen

Despite the seething anger targeted at Regina that Emma unendingly felt towards her, things in Emma's life were beginning to look up. Something that Emma still couldn't quite believe. MM and David had been working tiresomely to fight for custody of Henry, something they were slowly but surely starting to be granted. In fact, the last custody hearing had gone so well that Emma had been able to spend a supervised visit with Henry, something she hadn't realised she desired more than anything in the world. She remembered how he had uncontrollably sobbed when he had seen her, whispering his shallow pleas for her not to leave him again, something Emma couldn't yet promise though. And that quite literally broke Emma's bruised heart.

It had been a week since the kiss fiasco and Emma had yet to turn up to one of Regina's lessons, however she noted how no one had come and chased her about the abstinence in that particular class so Emma assumed rightly that Regina hadn't reported her as absent, instead choosing to remain quiet about Emma's outright ignorance of the teacher.

Spring was quickly blooming into the town; flowers freshly sprouting on walkways, the grass undeniably becoming a more vibrant green than it already was, children began playing in the street due to the newfound warmth and the daylight grew stronger staying for a longer period of time. Emma loved spring something about it was calming and fulfilling maybe it was down to the fact that Emma felt herself blossom with every renewed spring.

Emma once again found herself perched on her bedroom balcony, her eyes unknowingly always looking for a glimpse of the brunette, even if Emma herself hadn't yet realised this. The sun shone in Emma's bright eyes making her squint, instead of peering in the gardens below her she instead choose to lay back brisking in the sunlight and the comforting heat it brought along with it.

Tomorrow was Monday,  a fresh start to the week Emma told herself , Along with spending time with MM and David Emma had spent the weekend catching up with Ruby and Belle, not choosing to tell them of the recent events revolving around one very infuriating women. Emma had missed her friends, regardless of how annoying it was to be a third wheel she had enjoyed the couples company.

Lost in her mindless thoughts, Emma had accidently missed the appearance of Regina's car moving down the peaceful neighbourhood, therefore missing her chance to make a quick escape and saving herself from the bound to be awkward exchange they were eventually going to have.

Regina pulled out the car, Emma still oblivious to the woman's presence, and within seconds the brown eyes were glued to Emma's outstretched form on the deck chair. Regina made no effort to continue with her journey, she however remained glued to the footpath, unable to peel her eyes away from the blond girl. Regina had really had the opportunity to gaze upon Emma the same way the younger girl had done to her teacher, so taking the opportunity Regina began to intently look at Emma.

While viewing Emma, Regina couldn't deny the pure attraction and burning desire that she felt for her. It had took her by surprise, the feeling that is, she reminisced how Emma had thundered into her room, the embodiment of confidence, strength and unknown beauty and how the blonde challenged her like no other person had ever dared do, it had been thrilling. However as time had gone on the thrill and drive had turned softer, gentler and Regina had finally realised what she was feeling towards the blonde, it had been when she had seen Mr. Jones pushed up against the door of her classroom being feverishly kissed by Emma, that she had connected the dots. The surge of jealousy she had felt was so sickening that she felt faint with the new discovery and consequently put her in a mood along with a pounding headache.

It's wrong, she had told herself multiple times. Regina had even put distance between herself and the younger girl but the pull between was like to attracting magnets that couldn't help put be drawn to one another. Emma had made her attraction to Regina obvious, with the lingering looks and shy exterior she suddenly gained when Regina had passed her a piece of paper and their hands had momentarily touched. 

Despite Regina finally accepting the attraction she felt towards Emma, she had promised herself she couldn't act on her feelings. Instead she chose to become a mentor, a friend to Emma. This way she could be around the student  but still maintain a high level of appropriateness. Regina laughed to herself, there had been nothing appropriate about  her kiss with Emma, nor the way she had chucked away Emma with a poor choice of words and no explanation.

'I feel nothing but anger towards you.' The words still echoed in Regina's head, causing her heart to feel heavy, alongside tears that threatened to leap from her eyes every time she remembered Emma's face which to anyone else would have just looked like anger but Regina could see the sorry and rejection in Emma's emerald eyes.

"Good Morning Regina." Mary-Margaret's overly cheerful voice ripped Regina from her thoughts bringing her to attention, away from Emma's relaxed figure.

"Oh morning Dear." Regina politely smiled, peaking behind the petite woman to look at Emma, who thankfully remained with her eyes closed on the balcony.

"Are you alright? You've been staring at the house for fifteen minutes." Mary-Margaret revealed, clearly concerned.

Regina's eyebrows furrowed, had she really been staring that long at the blonde girl?

"Oh my, I apologise. I was thinking of doing some exterior designing on my house and your balcony is simply something myself is looking for." Regina lied, trying to make a viable excuse to her clear incompetence to remain professional.

"Don't worry about it. Do you have any plans for the day? Maybe dinner with your family?" 

Regina held a tight lipped smile at the woman's outright nosiness but remained polite, "No I don't unfortunately."

Mary-Margaret tilted her head, her mind racing until a wide eyed smile appeared, "You should come have dinner with us."

Regina gulped, "Oh no I couldn't possible impose on you like that, but thank you."

"No I insist, this way I can thank you for tutoring Emma."

Regina frowned, she hadn't tutored Emma for around four weeks now, instead of evaluating this information she instead just nodded unsure of how to decline the pushy woman.

"Come round about 5:30, don't bring anything just your lovely self." Mary-Margaret cheered happily not paying attention to the clearly panicked look residing on Regina's features.

Without waiting for Regina's acceptance, MM quite simply assumed the teacher would be joining there Sunday evening. Softly patting the woman's hand and leaving to make her way to the town's grocery store.

Regina gathered herself and looked at the balcony, but Emma had gone.

A/N- Hi everyone, Thanks for the feedback and support. I'm a having a tad bit of writers block at the minute hence the short chapters, however I'm hoping to give some more lengthier chapters. -HFS