Chapter Twenty One

Emma got home fairly quickly, a small bead of sweat on her brow from the fast paced walk she had used in an attempts to beat Regina home, which judging by the missing car in Regina's driveway she had. Emma also noted that her foster parents cars was missing too.

The door to the house swung open, shortly followed by Emma's lean body. It was completely silent, clearly no one was home but Emma herself. Within seconds of entering the house, Emma noticed the piece of paper that had gently been placed on the table in the corridor near the stairs, Emma grabbed the note which had been placed with a cream icing cupcake.

Hi Sweetheart, David and I have popped out to do some shopping. Hopefully we won't be too late. Feel free to go out just send a text to let us know. We love you lots xx - MM

The note brought a thick gulp to Emma, and unshed tears were beginning to threaten to fall. The simple note had meant more to Emma than anyone would have ever assumed. It was an act of kindness and a show of love and care- something until recently Emma had not ever been given. 

Wiping the tear that had heavily fell against her cheek, Emma smiled, demolished the cupcake and then hurried upstairs to get ready. It was nearly time for Emma to leave when the door bell rung loudly echoing in the quiet of the house. A frown appeared on the young girls face- surely MM and David wouldn't knock. Putting two and two together Emma rushed down stairs assuming it was more than likely Ruby as Emma  had mentioned to the girl that she hadn't shown her around her new living quarters yet. 

Emma opened the door, immediately shocked by the sight of the woman who incessantly appeared in her dreams every night. Regina Mills stood and for the first time since the two women had met, she looked unsure completely parallel to her normal confident self. Despite having the urge to slam the door shut, Emma craved to her the woman's voice to have just a ounce of attention that she had been denied for what seemed like eternity.

"Miss Mills," Emma begin, oblivious to the internal racing thoughts that were spinning around in Regina's mind, "Do you need something?" 

It was becoming quite clear after a few moments had passed that Regina wasn't going to speak up, Emma's frowned deepened, her apparent confusion showing undeniably on her face.

"You." It was a mere mumble that slipped from Regina's seductively sweet lips.

It took a moment for Emma to process the words she had thought she heard, and so she unconsciously stepped away from the woman.

"I'm sorry, what?" Emma's voice was boisterous as the words harshly echoed through the house.

Regina's eyes were closed tight shut, and then suddenly deep brown eyes were staring unabashedly at the young blonde, "I.. I want you."

Emma laughed, "Regina you are the definition of bipolar! How can i even trust you when one minute your demanding I stay away and then your knocking on my door declaring you want me?"

Regina looked down, guilt and shame evident in her soft expression, "I know I've been unfair but its my profession and livelihood that I'm risking, I could loose everything. I was scared Emma, I still am but I can't see you everyday and not pretend that I don't think about you every single second."

Emma's green eyes curiously assessed Regina, attempting to witness any lies but it was clear the teacher was whole heartedly speaking the truth. 

"So what do you want?" Emma huffed stubbornly.

Regina's expression quickly changed, a devious smirk arising on her features. She stepped closer towards the blonde, her voice was low, seductive and a mere whisper in Emma's ear.

"How many times do I need to say it? I want you."

The front door was slammed shut, Regina harshly pushed against it. Their lips met in a heated collision. Tongues fighting one another for dominance, pushing and clashing in order to get it. Emma's fingers threaded through Regina's short thick locks, gently pulling in order to gain access to the tanned neck. They pulled apart however Emma's lips were quickly upon the newly exposed neck, gently biting and sucking causing gently moans to fly out from Regina's mouth.

The sensation of tingling in Emma's lower stomach became stronger and stronger with every moan that fell from Regina's lips. That's when Regina's hands began to explore, gently fondling Emma's hips, and landing on the tight rounded circle which was Emma's ass. 

It was then that Emma finally pulled back, completely separating herself. 

"I have to go." Emma smiled, unable to stop the harsh thudding of her heart.

Regina stepped closer, softly tucking a strand of blonde hair behind Emma's ear.

"Can I take you out sometime?" Regina asked, her hand caressing Emma's pale cheek.

"Friends first. I have walls Regina, trauma and issues that I have to deal with so until then friends." Emma declared, her hand pulling Regina's hand away from her cheek.

"Swan, I just had my tongue down your throat."

"Regina take it or leave it." Emma smirked widely at Regina's familiar sarcasm. 

The teacher nodded, straightened her white blouse out, turning on her heel to leave the door.

"Tomorrow, 7pm. You can tutor me." Emma shouted as Regina made her way down the porch, just before the brunette could turn around or even reply for that matter Emma had shut the door, laughing to herself.

Emma grabbed her keys, locked the door and left to meet the group. The taste of Regina still upon her pink lips.