Chapter 34: I Promise You... Ashley.

Video: Silent Hill 2 OST~ Promise. (Extended) // If you want the full atmosphere, I recommend listening to it and reading at the same time.

Mark's POV

The dusty path fulfilled the air, as if not a single drop of water had touched it, we were low on supplies now, we were becoming hungrier by the minute. To make matters worse, there wasn't a vehicle in sight, so it would take us virtually forever to get to the camp up north.. But then, we spotted a convenience store just up ahead, the perfect place to find supplies.

"Hey, look! There's a store just there." Arixa pointed, holding her hand just above her eyes to block the sunlight.

"Maybe there's supplies in there?" Austin suggested, shrugging slightly, standing alongside Arixa.

"Worth a shot, I guess..." Felix mumbled, scratching the back of his neck.

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's get moving." Ryan instructed, walking ahead of us, we all nodded and continued to follow him.

After much walking in the dawning, scorching sunlight, blistering our visible skin, we began to get closer and closer to the lonely, damaged building, giving off a mysterious vehemence. Unusually, I felt a presence somewhere around me, excluding the rest of my group. Something wasn't right about this place... The store was gloomy and dark, like not a living soul had ever entered, the area around it gave off a creepy, isolated vibe, sending shivers down our spines. If the atmosphere wasn't creepy enough, the entire building was covered in vines, not the elegant pretty ones, the dead, flimsy ones. And they completely blanketed the windows, leaving only the doors vine-free. Various windows were smashed, leaving broken glass everywhere; cars scattered the area, completely stripped of parts. No luck in a working vehicle, at least not yet...

"Should we go as a group? Or seperate?" Paige asked, folding her arms and not taking her eyes off the dingy store.

"One small group should go, unless we split up? This store does look pretty big..." Arixa sighed, gaining confidence and determination from elsewhere.

They both looked undaunted, like nothing could scare them. This was the point where we decided on groups.

"Okay.." Alice spoke, thinking about the situation on a whole, "So there's nine of us, one group of four, one of five?" She offered, playing with her hair slightly, I wouldn't blame a teenager to even be the slightest bit bored.

"Yeah.. That could work.." Austin agreed, thinking while rubbing his chin.

"Maybe we could have me, Arixa, Austin, Ian and Paige?" Anthony propounded, wincing in pain slightly, he was still severely injured, even though he was patched up.

"So that would leave me, Alice, Felix and Ryan. Yeah, that works." I nodded, preparing my rifle and attaching its silencer, heading towards the doors. So it was offically agreed. "You guys lag behind in case this all goes to shit..."

I heard a few feeble 'Okays' and instant mumbling. I took a deep breath, and slowly opened the door.

Kalel's POV

They all followed Mark inside, as the air changed instantly from the door opening, it became colder and thicker for many unknown reasons. Arixa, Austin, Anthony, Ian and Paige went one way and the others went the opposite direction, Arixa lagged behind everyone, sensing the existence of a nearby human or rather, a fellow acquaintance she knew very well. Next thing she knew, I grasped her into a headlock, as she began to fidgit and try to break free, but all that could be heard was a small scraping sound, like of when you drag your foot across carpet... Completely quiet and unoticeable... She had a right mind of who it was, and I knew that she knew who I was.